Header

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Some secrets revealed...

I can now reveal the teacher pouches that I whipped up a few weeks ago.  I was pattern testing again for the wonderful Aneela Hoey, and today she has released the Baggy (Bottom) pouch pattern, which you can find here.


Why she thought of me to test these, must be some sort of mistake, or coincidence or something, but my  own baggy bottom and I loved making these!


I made the smaller size, and used heavy weight fusible fleece, which gave mine less of a baggy look and more of a 1950's silhouette, which is a fun bonus!


These are so satisfying to make; the additional, optional embroidery in the pattern is a lovely touch; but my machine and I were too scared to try, this time!

Please check out all Aneela's other new patterns too, I am thinking of making a couple of Pull Out Boxes for some of the men in my life.

Oh and another reveal; remember the mahoosive Cotton & Steel blocks I made a few months back, well the quilt they were destined for was completed and handed over to Aneela on the weekend…


Pennie did an amazing job organising the A (for Aneela) Team (which included Ms Melody Miller herself, just sayin'), and it was a privilege to be part of brilliant collective.

Here's to secrets and stitchery x

14 comments:

  1. Mr. Baggy Raccoon is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fab pouches, I saw that patterns on IG and loved the nesting trays. And the Aneela quilt looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous, but especially Mr raccoon! Off to follow the link

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab quilt for A! And I love your baggy bottoms! The zippy pouches aren't bad either!!!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love that quilt. I have been eyeing all of Aneela's new patterns and thinking that I needed some of them to make things for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous quilt - you did an amazing job (all of you)! I love the baggy pouch - like the adolescent of the pouch world (you just want to shake your fist and yell at them to pull up their pants ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great different shape - there must be only so many variations on the zippy pouch pattern - but this is one I haven't seen before. Great teachers presents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pouches! Reminds me - I must blog my drawers (fnarr!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those pouches! What fabric combos you made!! And the quilt for Aneela is gorgeous I bet she was thrilled with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. a time to embrace the baggy bottom, what's next the ....the soggy bottom?
    Love them all, especially Mr Raccoon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your baggy bottoms! you definitely need to try the pull out boxes, they are great - makes you wonder how you ever managed without them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The baggy bottoms pattern is absolutely a winner, i really like the way you have showcased a larger print too.Gorgeous quilt, i am sure Aneela loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything about these projects is really perfect and oh so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you quilting away with Miss Melody! That's so cool :)

    That's a really cute design. Would make a great gift or could be super for traveling. Great job, H and A!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx