I wasn't going to post about this until the whole quilt was finished, and then I thought maybe I'd tell you later on tonight, but I am just too excited to keep this under wraps for any longer!! The silver lining to the Pips thread fiasco is that I decided to start piecing the scrappy quilt blocks.
So I started and I finished and I stitched all the little buggers together and spent an age trying to keep some semblance of 'ironing the seams open' and ended up with this...
Sorry, I know it's not cool to shout about your own stuff, but I love how it has turned out! When I started making the larger scrappy blocks, I had no plan for what I was going to do with them in the end and I had a couple of changes of direction as the stack grew. However this has been in my head for the last few weeks, and it works!
I added the extra white sashing round the outside otherwise attaching the binding is going to be impossible! It currently measures just shy of 44" square, which should make backing almost simple... I have ideas for that now, which, when I go and get the pink thread tomorrow may all get sorted, and could well mean I am on track to finish two quilts this week!
Last night I also gained another tick...
15. Start the 'KISS'.
Without any binding to sew and with 18 hours of Eurovision to sit through, I needed something to do with my hands (other than putting them over my ears!), so the first stitches have begun. Moldova were robbed!
So there you go, it's all good in FB-land, and c.8pm tonight I will find out who my Brit Quilt swap partner is (the person I am making for). I am nervous and excited and can't wait to get stalking... if you are reading this my mystery partners, (the person I am making for - well you don't know who you are but I will, and the person making for me - I don't know who you are), 'Hello'!!