So I got the cushions covers pieced together and had the binding attached, but in trying to ensure I had enclosed all the many layers, my seams were a bit over the 1/4" and 6 layers thick in some places, making the binding a little too snug to wrap around comfortably.
Oh I'll trim a little off the edges, sounds reasonable enough; do the deed, only to then discover that...
I had sliced off all 4 corners waiting to be mitred, not just one, the whole lot!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrgh!. Cue a lot of swearing and going off to bed in a huff!
Only saving grace is that I discovered this before I got to slicing up the second cover.
So tonight I will finish the cushions, even if it results in me pulling an all-nighter, I want them done!