Late last night I finished the Happy Scrappy quilt, for that is how it is to be known!
The backing is some super-soft gingham with some Ying Ming flowers, just because I could! It was a little tricky trying the match the front and back precisely, spraying and basting in the breeze, picking off the greenfly as I went, but I hope it adds to the general 'scrappy' feel.
My binding turned out a treat, and didn't go too wobbly at the seams, which I had worried about.
Again, I have my trumpet all buffed and ready to blow! It is the prettiest thing I have made to date, and I am really astounded at how good it looks; honestly I did not expect it to turn out so nicely!
It's a neat 42" square and looks perfect covering the trunk that sits at the foot of our bed.
I did not built up the courage, nor the colour-catchers necessary to attempt a wash and tumble - so much white, so much colour and so many 'unknown' quantities, so it might not happen!
For now, I am just going to keep looking at it!