Header

Thursday 19 August 2010

Today's delivery...

As promised, details of the girl's first quilts from mummy.

All the fabric I ordered the other evening arrived today from Prints to Polka Dots and I am very happy. Although there was no buzz from tissue paper and ribbons, sadly just a basic manila envelope and sandwich bags, the contents (and price) certainly made up for it.

This little pile will make a pair of complimentary quilts for the twins, and they seem pretty pleased with the lovely little birds and strawberries.

I think the Garden Friends by Jay McCarroll and Spring Fling spots by David Walker both for Freebird go really well with the Amy Butler Daisy Chain prints and the Jeane Morrison Picnic Parade stripes. The spots (at the bottom) are for the backings; one quilt will be predominately pink and the other purple.

I have got all my strips tacked for the Freebird charm quilt, so this evening I am going to concentrate on that. Is it just me, or does everyone have about 4 other quilts they want to get started on immediately they begin the first?

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics. Love the site. Most of all love the name. I am a new crafter and blogger (annabelleserendipity.blogspot.com) searching for inspiration. Found some - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, it's lovely to hear from you - please follow more! Looks like you have been having a beautiful holiday, I'm just a little (ok, a lot) jealous!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx