Header

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Simply Charming...

OK, so probably the most unoriginal blog title, but I have been busy arranging, and re-arranging my charm packs to make a rather adventurous quilt, (this is keeping in mind that it will only be my 3rd!). I opted for a 100% cotton sheet for all the sashing, as I could get this locally and strike whilst the creative iron was hot hot hot!


I took this picture then realised that all my butterflies were flying the wrong way!

I have tacked about half together this evening, and will hopefully get as far as the sewing machine tomorrow. It's so brilliant 'cracking' the look I was after. I was initially trying to be too clever, but settled on pairing the squares by colour, then splitting them, so there is a sort of method to the madness.

I am not particularly looking forward to getting all the seams pressed away from the 'white'; it'll be character building. I am also worried this is going to be a bit of a whopper to actually quilt on my little sewing machine, but I'm going to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx