Header

Sunday 29 August 2010

PYO!

We had a lovely morning picking our own! We have driven past the local PYO a million times, even been to numerous boot fairs in the adjoining field, but never ventured into the orchards and fields. So today was the day!

We spent a couple of hours gathering red currants, blackberries and Victoria plums. We even found the single large sweetcorn cob ready in the crop! The children loved it, and were on their best behaviour for a change. We then went into the lovely Tea Room for ice-cream, cake, tea and coffee, all delicious, and then popped into the Farm Shop to get a bag of preserving sugar for my first attempt ever at jam making.

I have since made 2 jars of red current jam - but I am not holding out much hope of them being more than jars of red glue, (I didn't read the bit about NOT STIRRING the boiling jam, until I had constantly stirred it for about 20 minutes!!). Oh well, I will report back.

Although I re-used the lids of the pasta jars, I have dressed them up in a couple of fabric scraps so that they look like a pair of pre-school nativity shepherds!

A good sunday for us, what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx