Header

Monday 25 June 2012

Up, up and away...

Despite the germs trying to get the better of me, (this morning I think I am winning), I still managed to get my Belle embroidery and the Retreat bag completed...


Belle is a natural brunette, but she's gone for a change of look for this balloon ride, and I think it quite suits her!  She has also swapped hands and side parting, as I traced the pattern with water soluble marker rather than using my heat transfer pencil, which I have yet to master.

To hide the knots and snaggles on the inside, although it actually wasn't too messy, I decided to line the bag with a nice piece of Klona Orange; I love how it changes the look of the canvas, and it just gives the whole bag a nice finish...



Aneela's patterns are so beautiful, and her thread count and stitch suggestions make it so easy to get the look, because to be honest, left to my own devices I would not have a clue!  Thanks missus x


Next on the cards are those twin quilts, and the little matter of ageing!  Wish me luck x

31 comments:

  1. It looks great Hadley! Love that embroidery!! I cannot wait for Aneela's book can you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish to the bag. Are we all supposed to be transforming our bags or are you just doing better than the rest of us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh definitely going to have to give that a go now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute ! Hope you beat the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Pretty! Belle is next on my list to sew too... the canvas bags are perfect right? Think I need to find some more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh look! 10 for £7.99 :o) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-CANVAS-ECO-NATURAL-COTTON-SHOPPER-SHOULDER-TOTE-BAGS-/140741678964

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab - guess you are a convert then ! Wonder if you will be embroidering your swap samples next year!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stitchery! The ageing is painless, but then you are a whole year older than me! Ha ha! Just sayin'! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super speechless! You don't waste time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! Good luck with the ageing, I hope you don't wake up in the morning and find an old hag looking out of the mirror ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Your hand stitching is so neat and the orange does add some fun to the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks great, and love the lining idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful -- and the orange lining is just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Hope the ageing goes painlessly and accompanied by boatloads of chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice work, I am seeing a lot of embroidery popping up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks so cute! Awesome job there =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bag is lovely. Enjoy the whole ageing process tomorrow...birthdays are special. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely embroidery. At least the sun is shining for your birthday (at the moment) hope you have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have totally convinced me to buy Aneela's embroidery patterns. What a nice job you did with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! (And I'm a huge fan of the orange)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx