Header

Thursday 7 June 2012

Hoopla...

I have been taking it easy; sadly enforced, but my arm really does need rest, so embroidery to the rescue.

I didn't get round to attempting the second pattern at Retreat, I was talking, so thanks to Aneela, I got my mitts on her suggested stitches and spent a lovely evening stitching up the little stocking.  I also pulled out an old Mollie Makes and my first Mandy Shaw book and have already stitched up a couple of others...
I am totally smitten with embroidery.  I used to stitch little flowers on things when I was young, but backstitch was the most fancy stitch I mastered.   I am going to have to go back over all the magazines and books I own, and take a look at all those pages that I had previously just skipped over.

You know the simplest thing, getting the pattern to the fabric gave me a mental block and it's so damn easy and obvious, now there'll be no stopping me.

I have Aneela's London pattern ready and waiting; a red bus, phone box and more, which I think I will start this evening - I'm not going to let the weekend's London-love fade away just yet!

24 comments:

  1. A new obsession. Just what you need. But they are lovely and as I already love embroidery what can I say?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both! I can't stop stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching. Nice to see you taking it easy. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! Smitten, hey? Look forward to seeing what you do with these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to seeing your London embroidery, that is one super cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! Back stitch is the only one I know so it will be fun to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, the little doggie - and I'm a cat person! Great that you've found an outlet to endure your compulsory sewing hiatus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you would be good at embroidery, those are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're smitten, how fabulous! Is this what you're going to take to ballet from now on?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab! I love embroidery. It fell out of fashion for a bit. I'm so glad it's getting popular again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought the London pattern.....seems like it's the only way I'll get in on any of this Fat Quarterly action! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you came home with yet another addiction! Lovely hoops Ms Jones! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little stocking is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been looking for a project to do on the airplane. I might have to reconsider embroidering. I was thinking of sewing this today, just in case.

    From SewMamaSew: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2012/06/readysetgo-the-you-can-take-it-with-you-embroidery-project-bag/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to see you're taking it easy, are you signed off childcare duties?

    ReplyDelete
  16. They all look great! Love the stocking =D

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Feel free to stop by and enter (if you haven't already) =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of fun! Hope the arm feels much better soon (I'd stick to iced tea for a while ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look fab, hope your arm feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. London embroidery on your frame purse - that would be nice Hadley! Or in fact any embroidery - love the wee French dog! Does he bark in French!?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ouch, you really did hurt your arm didn't you, hope it's on the mend

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awe... Everybody's enthusiasm is making me wish I took Aneela's class too.... But what would I have dropped.... Nothing... More classes next year then... Love the stocking..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Poor you with your arm, but I'm glad you've found something to make you feel better. The London pattern looks great, I'm very tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you have something creative to do while your arm heals.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx