Header

Friday 22 June 2012

It's Fabric Friday!

Well this week I have received a few squidgy packages, some I shopped for and others were gifts and I am over the moon with them all!

Firstly some long awaited yardage of Summersville from Brenda at Pink Castle - I did have plans, then I changed my plans, now I think I will wait until I have finished off a few other things first... probably!


With specific plans, I ordered the backing for the twin quilts.  You know when you just order with your fingers-crossed and hope that the online photo really is what you will receive, and when it arrives you are so totally thrilled that the plan came together?  Well these Essential Stripes from Seamstar so perfectly match the Reunion colours, and were on offer too, so I did a little happy dance when I ripped off the lovely tissue paper!


I also ordered 1/2m of Domestic Bliss to assist in making my Spring Carnival cushion - I know I won't need it for ages, but why pay two lots of postage and not take advantage of 10% off?

And then onto real treats...

A generous benefactor, who may have a lovely online shop in Galway, sent me an amazing sample pack of the full Mama Said Sew line to play with!!!  It's so gorgeous, I thought I was really going to have to think long and hard about what to make, but Lynne's ET Phone Home block is obviously a strong contender.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?


And finally today - the mail to end all mail!

I got home to find that 'popping a few bits of Denyse Schmidt fabric in the post' actually meant 'sending a dream parcel of wonderful fabric that will make you giddy'!


My lovely friend Deborah, you may know her as Simply Miss Luella, spotted my persistent moaning around blogland about how we are so hard-done-by in the UK having neither Joann's nor Spotlight to satisfy our DS cravings and so she asked (asked!!!) if she could send me some.  Guess what I said!


I also received a smashing parcel from the one and only Terri - I asked if she could pick me up some DS fabric on her recent trip, (having found out where she was); and she also enclosed was a beautifully wrapped birthday present which I will, (if my resolve remains strong), save for Tuesday, and show you all then...


I have already gushed my thanks by email - but I need to say it again, online quilting friends are the most generous wonderful group of ladies and gents anywhere.

Now I am going to sit back and let my long weekend begin - I am not back to work until next Thursday, which is probably for the best, as I think I need to go and clear some space for all these new additions! xxx

16 comments:

  1. I am drooling over that texty fabric and the DS!!! it's making me want to go order fabric just so I can have some lovely mail too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun mail, and Simply Miss Luella is simply fabulous!!! Looking forward to getting my hands on some Mama Said Sew. I tried so hard to grab some at Quilt Market but it was total chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great packages but has Deb realised you will only whinge more toddler that you are?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lucky you, those are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you are very generous so I'm so happy it's coming back to you! Enjoy your mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you are very generous so I'm so happy it's coming back to you! Enjoy your mail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aieeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
    *explodes*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am trying REALLY hard not to be jealous.... But it's not working!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, I think I've just worked out I have time to get down to yours and back by Monday in time for work... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky duck! Have a wonderful weekend playing with all that loveliness! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fabrics Hadley.... And we are Birthday Buddies too....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you may have acquired even more fabric than me recently! I LOVE the mama Said Sew fabrics, off o visit (Cindy?) now, thanks for the link x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! What wonderful bundles of loveliness! Have great fun playing with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous parcels - aren't quilters the nicest people ever?!! How long will it be before you can bear to cut into your 'DS from Deb' fabrics?!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness there is so much here that is SPECTACULAR I am speechless. "Yum" is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx