At last the sun shone, and I stayed in doors sewing!
Back in March I chopped up most of my Reunion layer cake into 5" charms, and added in a few other prints, then duly popped the lot in a box and chose to forget about them. Now these were to be destined for a friends' twin boys due 'in the Summer'; well despite evidence bringing into doubt the existence of such a thing as 'Summer', time and babies wait for no-one, so today was the day to get on with it, as those chaps could come any time.
I was originally going to sew up a pair of simple patchwork quilts, but I had to go and make life a little more complicated; I am glad I did.
I sewed up 4-patch squares, then turned these into HSTs. The squares though have one corner cut off in the process; however after the initial realisation and bit of swearing, I actually like the look it gives.
Since taking the pictures this afternoon, I have added strips of Kona Ash and more Reunion to turn them into 36"x 44" tops.
I was going to back with fleece blankets, but I have gone off that idea now, so will be doing a quick bit of pondering before finishing these off.
Hope those boys don't put in an appearance too soon x