Header

Thursday 28 June 2012

Swaps abound!

Yesterday, I received my partner allocation for Brit Quilt Swap 3, and I've got a great person to make for.  She loves things I want to try and I am already putting together fabrics in my head; OK in reality would help, but we have the whole summer to make, and I am going to ensure I get this one right!

In my iPad denial, I also got my head down and made my In The Frame purse!

I was going to give my partner options; but I personally don't like that too much - I spend time making my mosaic, filling in the forms, and don't want to pick the fabrics, decide the design and do everything except glue it!  That's just me, but I want to trust that my partner has read the signs, and my comments, and been left free to interpret what I would like; obviously woe betide if they get it wrong ;)

OK, so in reality, my partner didn't get a choice as I only had one F8th of the Summersville fabric I thought was perfect, and if I'd cocked it up, there would have had to have been a change of plan, which, if a preference had been expressed, could have been a bit awkward!

However, it went perfectly, and I love it, and if my partner doesn't, then I will happily keep it!


I did as I had planned, turning in about an inch either side of the hinge seam and top stitched, and it worked a tidy treat.  Lined in aqua Kai dots, and with both some iron-on fleece and medium interfacing for a little structure, I don't think it's a all bad, especially after the last mini-fiasco!  Now to ponder the extras.

But that's not all I've been up to, tomorrow, twin quilts!

22 comments:

  1. oh how lovely! I really do need to try one of these once I get some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame purse is lovely! And good luck on your swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is lovely, but i love all things Summersville at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, do send it my way please. Thank you kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous purse Had! Well done! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely purse :-) and yeah, didnt escape my notice how.. precise you are in what you like and what you'd want.... LOL And why not eh, I think you make it easier for partners by doing that really, dontcha. I'm never very good at the whole "giving options" thing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red and aqua combination of fabrics. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♥ love it ♥
    wish I was your partner
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Summersville. Good job all round :) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hell, my partners never get options either, but I like to make them think they did by posting what I'm going to use ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If your partner doesn't like it you can send it to me, it's blooming fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I wish I was in that swap! Fabulous purse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect use of Summersville! Boo to the partner who doesn't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely, can't go wrong with a bit of summersville IMHO :-) Having never done a flickr swap before, I saw people posting options and thought that was what I was supposed to do, didn't realise you could just go ahead and make :-) I won't be giving options in the future (unless I'm really, really, really stuck as to what they like)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am getting so nervous about the construction of my purse body, I just need to get it over with! Wish my frames would hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's wonderful and I'm sure your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's fantastic! I'm going to remember your turning under trick. I'm with you, I actually cringe when I see people post a photo in swap pools and look for their partner's approval with the promise that 'they could start over'. Who has time for that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Teehee! It looks great - what's not to like? I don't think you will get to keep it Hadley!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx