Yesterday, I received my partner allocation for Brit Quilt Swap 3, and I've got a great person to make for. She loves things I want to try and I am already putting together fabrics in my head; OK in reality would help, but we have the whole summer to make, and I am going to ensure I get this one right!
In my iPad denial, I also got my head down and made my In The Frame purse!
I was going to give my partner options; but I personally don't like that too much - I spend time making my mosaic, filling in the forms, and don't want to pick the fabrics, decide the design and do everything except glue it! That's just me, but I want to trust that my partner has read the signs, and my comments, and been left free to interpret what I would like; obviously woe betide if they get it wrong ;)
OK, so in reality, my partner didn't get a choice as I only had one F8th of the Summersville fabric I thought was perfect, and if I'd cocked it up, there would have had to have been a change of plan, which, if a preference had been expressed, could have been a bit awkward!
However, it went perfectly, and I love it, and if my partner doesn't, then I will happily keep it!
I did as I had planned, turning in about an inch either side of the hinge seam and top stitched, and it worked a tidy treat. Lined in aqua Kai dots, and with both some iron-on fleece and medium interfacing for a little structure, I don't think it's a all bad, especially after the last mini-fiasco! Now to ponder the extras.
But that's not all I've been up to, tomorrow, twin quilts!