Header

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Swaps and Goodies...

This is my final Retreat round up, although there will definitely be a lot of harking back over the next few posts, I have already finished some more embroidery!


As you know I entered into the Sample Swap organised by the enthusiastic Trash.  I made little pouches based on the Zakka Style Pretty Little ones, I made those key fobs and x+ brooches as gifts too, along with a mini Constellation for Katy - it made her cry, I didn't think it was that bad!


In the Sample Swap, I was in a group with my crazy friend Kelly (a drawstring London Underground bag and zakka mini flying geese magnets), fellow Stitch-Teaser Di (a Moo card holder that can survive nuclear attack, apparently), Mandy-Mand-a-lin (a Japanese style drawstring bag, sweeties and pins) and another wonderful lady whose first name escapes me, but she was the lovely Mrs Richards with a vintage Liberty bag!

I am very happy with my haul!
I also received an awesome tote from the classy Liberty Lifestyle lady - sadly I managed to miss out on the Liberty fabric being given out in various classes, but having seen the new line I have become just a little bit smitten!

As well as swaps, I handed over parcels of Quilt Blocks and needle books to the Brit Bees in thanks for the second placed Constellation in the Festival of HSTs.  Other BBs made gifts too, a sweet tape measure bracelet from Ceri, lavender bag from Fiona and a super duper purse and keyring made by Judith and amazing little owls by her daughter...
Oh, and a very apt coaster from Terri, who is finally a certified blogger!

I also swapped brooches with Mary, who was responsible for my totally brilliant name tag that I sported all weekend.

The FQ swap organised by Miss Lolly of Pops was fun; I parted with some text, Anna Maria Horner and a couple of others and picked up 4 beauties in return; it wouldn't have been right to have not spent any money on fabric, so I splashed on a Summerville layer cake and a few FQs from Mandy at the last minute too...
In the raffle I was lucky enough to win a copy of the Fat Quarterly book - those with good memories know that I bought this pre-release, so keep 'em peeled, I suspect I may now have an extra to put towards a giveaway soon - 2 year blogiversary in a month, whodda thunk it!

I also bought a set of Carnival templates off Katy - everything made with these blocks look amazing, so I really need to get in on that action.

There was also the Goodie Bag - from such amazing sponsors as Aurifil, Oakshott, Robert Kaufman, Moda and more.  Those of us in Aneela's embroidery class also received some luscious Lecien threads.  All too generous for words.  Thank you to all.
I will leave you with photos (some borrowed from Leanne and Lynne), which for me, sum up all that is great about this stitching mularky, the joy of a group of people finally meeting for the first time after a full year of online friendship... Priceless.
Brit Bee l-r: Terri, Jo, Sarah, Me, Judith & Judith, Susan, Jennie, Ceri, Fiona, Laura and Trudi xxx
Thank you again to the Fat Quarterly super stars, I know I am not the only one looking forward to FQ Community Retreat 2013.  Bring. It. On.
xxx

26 comments:

  1. Ooooh I have loved this update. My favourite bit is seeing all the goodies from the Retreat. I am super coveting your swaps from Kelly - I have a bit of a thang about her flying geese - oo-er missus!

    Errrr... where are the pic of your embroidery though!!

    And I am super excited to see you might have that *book* in your giveaway. I am so desperate for a copy of it now. I probably should get on with it and buy my own but I just keep being led astray by gorgeous bits of fabric!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Bring it on pretty much sums it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time of taking photos and sharing the great time and goodies you have received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post - thank you! I love the presents/swap items you brought back - are they still out on the table so you can admire them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mini constellation! Always up for a giveaway! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a great time. It's so hard to come back to "the real world" after an experience like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul. Glad you enjoyed the swapping. I shall see if I can get hold of a volume knob for my enthusiasm for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely lovely! I got all the "quilt blocks" out yesterday and had a little pet of them. They are very lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many wonderful projects and fabrics! I am going to have to work hard to make next year work too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great summary :) There truly was so much goodness going on and being given out!!! We are all so lucky to have had such a great team organise us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got Kelly AND Di in the swap!! Lucky duck! Such a good weekend and I am still recovering from the exhaustion. Wish my brain hadn't been fried by the end of it but small price to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you came away a winner in all respects. It is so fun to see all these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually, the Moo card holder will survive a chemical attack. Don't get caught out in a nuclear attack with only this for protection! Good to meet you at last

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look slightly like I've taken acid in that bee photo! Lovely to see all the goodies you came home with, your FQs look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. More than happy to take that book of your hands! Grand loot!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Didn't she do well! :) How's the arm? Healing very well I hope x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Didn't we get great free stuff!!? Love the photo of the Brit Bee, and I think I managed to talk to all of them! I didn't get a chance to talk to you enough Hadley, and even though I know what you look like now, I still can't help thinking of you as that little owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you did well in swaps! Love the things you made too (and your white out background pics on Flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I still keep peeking in to my goodie bag to just check everything really is in there! Can't wait for next year

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving all the goodies (and thank you for yours) I can't believe I totally forgot to get the templates from Katy though - doh!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you lot won't need Christmas this year then! Lovely collection of goodies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like great fun, a great article I really enjoyed reading your update/synopsis :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for my fabulous key fob - I absolutely adore it xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Flipping heck!! look at you embroidery queen! :)))

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx