Header

Thursday 14 June 2012

Summer Sewing Contest...

I have been 'umming and arrghing about what to enter into Jennifer's amazing Summer Sewing Contest...

Ellison Lane Quilts

Browsing back through my recent photos, it seemed a bit obvious really...

My paper-pieced Denyse Schmidt - Union Jack cushion, started in Lynne's class of Fat Quarterly Retreat on Jubilee weekend, the epitome of the British Summer (rain obligatory).


I love this cushion, it brings a smile to my otherwise grumpy face now that the Retreat glow has faded and the bunting is looking bedraggled from all the shocking weather we have had recently.

If you haven't checked out any of the other entries in the Home Decor category, please do, Lindsey has already entered the most beautiful cushion/pillow in the universe!

For anyone interested, a special Retreat edition of Fat Quarterly will be available to buy here which includes the templates for this cushion; and a load of other amazing stuff too.

Sorry to the regulars who have only just seen this, and welcome to anyone new in town coming over from Jennifer's for the first time.

Tomorrow, I promise something completely different... probably xxx

27 comments:

  1. This is one beautiful cushion! Glad you entered it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just hug this so tight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have missed your first post about this, it's bloody gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking as lovely as when you were working at it at the retreat! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Great choice for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great submission! This is a lovely, lovely cushion. The prints you chose are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great choice for the contest-I love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it! Where on earth did you get that lovely fabric ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this pillow so much! i really hope you win! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you stuffed this pillow perfectly. The fabrics are so cool together. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this cushion! Good luck! Knowing you, you're on a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word this is GLORIOUS!!! Hope you win xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its well worth us seeing it again for you to enter it :-) good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so perfect. I love this cushion in these fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it... Makes me want to go finish my UJ too... Just got to put the back on.. Lovely fabric choice for it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great entry, Hadley. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this cushion! It would make any trout-pout smile! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very summery! Good luck :o) My entry should be posted tomorrow when Julie's newsletter comes out...

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have got some crazy skills! I particularly like your floral union jack ahaha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know I've said it before but this cushion is fantastic and so neatly done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That cushion is awesome! So glad that you enjoyed your time at the retreat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've got my address, pop it in the post on Monday ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh it's made the final, I've told folks to vote for it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE this cushion. The colors/fabrics are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx