Header

Friday 13 January 2012

T'other side...

I just had to haul the second side of the Constellation quilt out into the sunshine again today.  I took photos yesterday, and they all came out looking a little flat, so here you have the side with all the little stars...




I love it; I completely forgot to look at the real pattern for this side, I got a bit carried away after making the siggy stars.

So now comes the grovelling about on the floor stage, spray in hand, and a few pins for matching the centre blocks.  I bought my thread for the quilting during the week, so this weekend I hope to make headway on that.

Can't go without mentioning Mouthy Stitches - if you have signed up but not completed the form for this round, please could you pop over now and complete it, or let us know you are a voyeur only, and as soon as all the mosaics are uploaded, we will be able to fill any spaces and commence the matching process.  Remember it is not a straight swap - ie. 2 people making for each other, we will be matching one person for you to make for, and also one mystery person to make for you!  Fun, fun, fun!

25 comments:

  1. Love the second side of the quilt - have fun layering it! Do you know how you're going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes! Perfect. You should be really proud Hadders, this is excellentissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is gorgeous. Loving this side even more. Very twinkly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for a minute there I thought we had to make 2 zippies!! RTFI Sheila!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might like the back more than the front! Is one of those big stars mine? I think it is, but I can't quite remember... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks fantastic Hadley. Can't help but notice how lovely and clean the outside of your conservatory looks too!! Mine looks nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *giggles at the thought of you grovelling*
    I had to get on my hands & knees to pin baste the quilty sarnie.
    I have just started the quilting on Autumn Waterfall using my FoQ purchase of Aurifil thread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is just lovely. You know you just love crawling around on the floor really!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just incredible. What a beautiful quilt you'll have. I love that you've varied the size of the stars - makes it really interesting to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I love this side a tiny bit more than the other side, but I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it wrong to say I like the back even more than the front? Both gorgeous though!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clearly this quilt has no front/back. I love each side as much as the other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning quilt Hadley! You must be so pleased. I love a double sided quilt and am eager to see it quilted!

    The colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both sides are completely fabulous! You've made a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Definitely a 2 sided quilt! How on earth are you going to quilt it? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Utterly gorgeous. I think I like this side almost better than the other.Something about all the lovely turquoise/teal colour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, this quilt is stunning, I can honestly say it is one of the prettiest I have seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Is there any way I can get a copy of the directions for this quilt? The fat quarter publication is no longer and I've contacted the maker but no go on that direction either. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx