Header

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Resolved to Sew!

OK, my turn.

As I have mentioned before, 2012 is the year that I use up more fabric than I buy.  I have to say now though, that excludes the 15 yards of Flea Market Fancy I have pre-ordered, because that would just make the whole thing impossible, and FMF doesn't count as just fabric, it is something way more!

Anyway, after the Constellation is complete, (I am resting this evening, suffering from Quilter's Shoulders!), I already have planned the Made In Cherry QAL which will use the best part of the 3 Rainbow Charm swaps from last year and Sarah's Stained QAL which I am currently alternating between my Moroccan Mirage winnings from Annabella/Julie at The Intrepid Thread, or my Robert Zingone Stockholm bundle courtesy of Katy.

Then I am going to Swoon with my Denyse Schmidt Sugar Creek FQs, not to mention the Little Apples quilt on my Winter Sewing Plans List

Now that sounds like a plan if ever I had one; I will not have time to buy any fabric (ahem!), never alone make anything else if I accomplish all those!

I am linking this little 'set up for a fall' with Ali's super-duper Resolved to Sew Giveaway just to crank up the pressure to succeed a little more!

Have you Resolved to Sew yet?

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan Had... I actually cannot wait until FMF ships!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not buy a single bit of FMF when it ships due to being on a fabric diet. ;-)

    Pinocchio nose 8>>>>>>>>>> )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have resolved and don't plan on buying any FMF :)

    Good planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best get writing my resolutions... I can start with resolving not to go green when you get that DS... I am NOT buying more fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15 yards, yikes you can make a quilt big enough for an art installation or several normal size quilts, you will be using the scraps for quilts for your grandchildren! I love the plan however!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I seem to start out planning to use only scraps, but then I need a backing or a border and have to buy more fabric. Oh, well, when you have to buy more you just have to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are doing good! I have my next 5 projects all planned--all from the stash. It feels so nice to use what I have on hand. Good luck keeping it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to be one super busy young lady!! I can't wait for Sarah's QAL I know just the fabric....Mark Cesarik's Morning Tide that I won. I am so very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Speechless with envy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be resolving in the morning after the Irish Coffee has worn off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well if you can stick to sing more than you buy, (and not starting more than you finish ) you are a better girl than I! The Cherry and Swoon are lovely to look at, but oo many HSTs for me, but I'm getting very excited about the stained glass. The Moroccan fabrics would look fab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the Sugar Creek swoon! They are the perfect fabrics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too exhausted thinking of your resolutions to make any.........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good plan Hadley - shall enjoy watching you fulfill it and more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are obviously too young to see that using up your stash is some communist plot with conspiracy undertones. Let that whole thought process go and buy more fabric. If the boys have their big toys, then I have my house of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Corr Blimey! 15 yards! You must be crazy, Hadders... Whatever you make with, I want to see the pics! I will blame you if I buy some Flea Market Fancy to join my other DS fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heh, well can I steer you towards the Stockholm for Sarah's QAL... 'cos I want to use the Morroccan Mirage ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i need some of those fmf seeds and posies and bouquets... love them. you are going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Flipping 'eck, you're going to be busy this year...not sure you're going to be too busy to buy more fabric though. Mind you, you're aiming to use more than you buy so if you finish all those quilts this year that's a lot of fabric used and therefore quite a lot of fabric you'll be 'allowed' to buy!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx