Header

Saturday 21 January 2012

Thank you Harrison Ford et al...

Before I had even got showered and dressed this morning, I had trimmed and attached the binding to the Constellation quilt, and decided that the drizzle outside would make a wonderful excuse for a film-laden afternoon for everyone after a very early lunch!


Look how much thread I had left!! Thankfully I bought another reel yesterday 'just in case'!

Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom followed by Jurassic Park III and I am completely over the moon as the Constellation quilt is finished!!!


I love it so much; it has turned out a million times more amazing than I ever envisaged when I cut all those charms for the wonderful Brit Bee ladies back in October.

I will get some photos first thing in the morning so you can see it in its full glory tomorrow!

This evening I also fulfilled the day's Mouthy Stitches duties and flickr-mailed 'my' third of the wonderful swappers with their partner details, a whole week earlier than we had anticipated so now I can get stalking my partner too.  Let the zippy times roll!

24 comments:

  1. Your not my mamma then Hadley! The quilt is looking great - looking forward to the final show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it complete, that blue thread looks lush!

    I just ordered some new rainbow zips so I can't wait to get started :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! i can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you sew your binding on entirely by machine? No hand finish on the one side? I would love to see a photo of how it looks. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrrgh, tease!! Cant wait to see the final, finished pics... tomorrow... lol God bless Harrison Ford indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for finishing! I went shopping for some Mr Ford action recently, but refused to pay £30 for the pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I can comment again! It seems Google Chrome is the answer, thanks. I
    even downloaded latest IE9 and no joy.
    Looking forward to seeing the Constellation quilt in all it's glory :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Indiana Jones but haven't made it through Jurassic Park anything yet. I can't wait to see the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic. Boy can a good finish be satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I am so very excited about my partner and the stalking has been great fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see it! It looks so lovely already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Applause!!! Lovely job on the binding. What a fantastic finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Hadley for all the efforts in the Mouthy Stitches! Let the stalking begin! Look forward to seeing the quilt in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a quilt tease! Can't wait to see it finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Action films are great background noise to keep me motivated - I think its the music!
    Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are KILLING me! Let's see it! Let's see it!
    Congrats - you must be absolutely thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. doesn't TV make a wonderful childminder!!! I'm loving the glimpses of the quilting, cant wait to see it all

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking great, you must feel very satisfied. I'm away from laptop mon & Tues so wont get a look till Tues night!!!! Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't you heard of 'Show and Tell' Hadley? You are not playing fair. Go on... SHOW US your quilt. The suspense is killing me. I want to see that quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done you! Looking forward to seeing it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You 3 did brilliantly this weekend! Can't wait to see the big 'C' tomorrow! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so nice to get a big project done.
    Big check-off on the WIP list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. you.are.a.tease.

    that.is.a.wonderful.quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the herringbone for your binding, it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx