Header

Tuesday 3 January 2012

The Case of the Naked Kindle...

I mentioned that my Mum was getting a Kindle for Christmas, and as it was not adorned in a little cosy jacket on Christmas Day, I spent some of New Year's Eve making a case to rectify that on New Year's Day.

I based it on this wonderful tute by Amber, I'd previously pinned the original, (thanks **Nicke), but it was revamped during Fat Quarterly's fantastic 12 Day of Ruby Star.

OK, so I had to re-calc the measurements (**Nicke, I forgot you had already worked them out until I was ironing on the velcro!), but this easy to follow iPad case tutorial was just the ticket.



I had the bird print as a scrap from Sew Fresh Fabrics, no idea what it is, and worked the Ta Dot, Dumb Dot, Metro magic around that.



I decided to put the bigger print on the back, as the flap would have overlapped it on the front, and I hoped for the best with my none-to-accurate 1/4" seams and the bulk of the cotton velvet I used for the lining.




It fitted like a glove... phew!

28 comments:

  1. Cute! My mama got a kindle for christmas too, I'm trying to persuade her that a Laura-made case is much nicer than the purple leather one she got with it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, gorgeous colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous case! I already made a Ipad case with Amber's tutorial but now I have to make myself a kindle case as well. The to do list is getting longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours! I think I have to walk to my machine and do a little sewing ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe I went and bought a purple book opening case for my new Kindle? But before you recoil in total horror I plan on making a case for the case. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Beautiful fabrics! Always a relief when things fit! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky Kindle! (And lucky mom too.) Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one lucky Kindle rockin' a case like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty kindle case. Thank goodness it fit! I like the birds and pretty blues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's gorgeous - I pulled out fabric to make a case for my iPad on Boxing Day but ended up using it for a drawstring bag - no idea why! Will maybe have another go soon. Love the colour combo <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, velvety interior AND a bird? Great work and good thing it fit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh, what a lovely cover - and in my fave colours too

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fabulous! I need to make a cover for my new ipod and I like the idea of a velvety inside...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks fab! I have to make on for my dad's birthday pressie in a couple of weeks (I'm giving him the Kindle too) I hope the Kindle actually arrives soon, as apparently the new one is wee-er than my one, so don't want the poor thing falling out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great, your Mum will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, it's so nice when people spoil their mums! What a lovely treat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love it so much hadley! i am glad to have helped!

    ReplyDelete
  18. NIce case! I love the colours and prints.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I love the fabrics! It turned out cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love that bird and those colors. Lucky mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous! I bought myself a Nook and i can't wait til it arrives so I can make a cute case for it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great case, looks fab. Ive started up a linky party Tutorial Tuesday for any posts you write where you have used a tut or written a tut of your own. Feel free to join up next Tuesday, I'd love to have you and it gives everyone an idea of how well a tut works

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't realise how far behind I was in my blog reading, but this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx