Header

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Scraps ahoy!

Yesterday I received my scraps and extras from Michelle at Keyka Lou - perfect timing as we had just launched the Mouthy Stitches Zippy Purse & FQ of Scraps swap!




These are cute fabric covered magnets on a needle sharpening pad; eat your heart out Masterchef!

It wasn't so sunny when I took the photos, so they are not looking as special as they really are, but they are rather lovely, and I am thinking some may even appear in or with my swap purse.

Susan, Cindy and myself have been absolutely overwhelmed by the speed and enthusiasm of sign ups for our 'little swap'.  We were going to be happy if there were 50 of us joining in by next weekend; in just over 24 hours we have already reached 80 members in the flickr group!  Have you joined - if not, why not!?

Finally for today, I can report that I have pieced one side of my Brit Bee Constellation quilt, and I even got a couple of decent photographs, but I will save those for tomorrow; I am hoping to finish the second side tonight... it looks fantastic!

17 comments:

  1. Stunning scraps! Can't wait to see the stars! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love scraps...is that normal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scraps - especially other peoples - are just the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? Is there anyone out there who hasn't signed up? Well, get on it! :)
    Your scrap pile is just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scraps ARE such fun!Treasures, really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love scraps :-) Really lookin forward to seeing your bee quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely scraps and I'd so like to do the mouthy swap but I just can't squeeze it in. I've joined the group just to ogle all the wonderfulness, this round ...

    I so can't wait to see your Constellation quilt ... squeak!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice scraps! They say so much about a quilter, like a fabric biography.
    I spy with my beady little eye some Denyse Schmidt fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, just look at all that scrappy loveliness

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some fun scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just signed up for Mouthy Stitches - bring on the partner assignments!! I'm loving your little haul of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great scraps ! Looking forward to seeing that great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, yummy scraps, and love the magnets too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally gorgeous scraps and great magnets!! I haven't joined in because I'm not confident enough but maybe next time ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx