Header

Thursday 12 January 2012

Constellation Side One...

I pieced the Brit Bee Constellation yesterday. 

The first side, between playing Snap at school, and going back to retrieve the small folk, and the other after they had hit the sack, all tired out from Ballet and Beavers.

So today I give you the sunshine pictures of Side One...




Doesn't it look awesome - I really cannot thank the Brit Bee ladies and Katy Jones enough for making this one what it is!

This baby is also huge, well it is for me, c. 72" square.  I was contemplating making my Made In Cherry quilt the full 90", but having seen the size of this, I am seriously going to scale back from the 5" charms to 3.5".  Do you think I need to Swoonalong too?  How many huge star quilts does one person need?

I tried to get some decent pictures of Side Two today, but the weather wasn't quite so nice, but I'll show you those tomorrow.

Once again, a massive shout out, thank you and complete all-round gob-smack-ed-ness to the Mouthy Stitches sign ups - we are now provisionally full.  We just need to tally up the pure observers and those who have not completed the sign up form or posted their mosaics, there may be some additional places - if you have joined the group already, or are still undecided, please check out the message on our flickr group page, thank you.  I cannot wait to get matching partners and making!

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And of course, I'd go for the swoon-along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love side one of your constellation quilt - stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, it's beautiful! I may have to hunt you down and steal it! Joke, kind of! :-)

    Jealous of your sunshine too, cloudy and dull in my part of the UK today.

    I contemplated the swap, but I'm a pouch virgin, so more experience for me first. I am tempted also by the swoonalong :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the teal. And of course you should swoon along with the rest of us....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look incredible fluttering and creating shadows in the light. I am guessing you might be swayed to Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazeballs Hadley. Srsly.

    I like the secondary pattern, the squares with the pointy arrow corners... looks uber cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is stunning! I've just started quilting - I'm only on my second quilt - so it's lovely to see what I need to aim for. What wadding do you use for your quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my hell! HADLEY! it is even better than i expected! LOVE! i totally ditto laura's comment... amazeballs! you better do a swoon quilt. p.s. rain gutters apparently make awesome quilt hangers... ;) seriously, beautiful hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning. You should definitely swoon along. I wanted to but am off to LA in a couple of weeks & didn't want to overcomit seeing as I am in you swap too :) Can't believe I missed your post about that - must've been one of the last to join!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am speechless! seriously! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing and so pretty through the glass...clever way of hanging up too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! What color is that background?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous quilt Hadley, and there is no limit to the amount of large starry quilts you can have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing! The Stars look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Wow! Wow! It is absolutely spectacular. Please do post the back too - I want to see how you put together the multi-sized stars.
    Did you have blue sky today? Send it over, please!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazingly beautiful ... I love the secondary squares too ... all in all most covetable.

    ... is it a surprise birthday present? eh? It is ... isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this on Pinterest and had to come say how gorgeous it is. Love the teal? background color.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cool, I love it. Its really looking fab

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Constellation quilt top is amazing! And a great size too! I have a really big one and boy, is it heavy to even move on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!! It is stunning Hadley :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that looks absolutely fab! Love the colours and scrappiness and the sunshine shot!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR CONSTELLATION QUILT. full stop

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love it and the colours are perfect ,cant have too many stars !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is one totally amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It really is awesome and I am rather proud to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Completely spectacular. I love love love the background you chose. Scratch that. I love ALL the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sunshine pictures indeed. Clever you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's beautiful. I love it, gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That quilt is amazing...you always take the best pics.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx