Header

Thursday 19 January 2012

How do you cheer up an old bag?

Send her a bag!

I have been having a bad week at work, and trying not to let it show, my brain is aching from the Mouthy Stitches spreadsheets and my shoulders are aching from quilting the Constellation (almost done!); so when I got home this afternoon to a little red postman note telling me the neighbours were holding a package for me, I was kind of excited!

But not as excited as I was to find this...



Lovely Sarah, of Chic Quilt Geek posted here about some rather gorgeous vintage sheet market bags she had made, and of course I told her that the pink one was particularly awesome, so guess what, she sent it to me!!!!!!



I love it - and wasted no time in letting Sarah know!

Sarah is not only super generous and makes beautiful things, she spends a little too much time popping over to the States for business in my opinion, but does run a rather brilliant looking online shop, Sarah's Cards Ltd.  If you dabble in cardmaking, scrapbooking and the like, I reckon you should take a look at all the lovely things she has in stock.  I seriously feel another crafty outlet trying to take over the last minutes of my spare time!!

So I now have a smile on my face, and it's time for Mad Dogs, so I'm off xxx

15 comments:

  1. Having been on the business end of one of Sarah's gifts she is a total poppet, no? That's a cracking bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bag is just wonderful ... sorry you're having a poo time at work.

    Oooh Hadders ... I meant to say ... I found that vintage sheet!!! Soon as up and about I'll get some in the post to you ....

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh no not another one who's work is getting them down :-( Great mail is always a spirit lifter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a generous and pretty gift! Just the ticket for a grumpy old bag! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can comment from my iPad! It's a problem with reader on my computer. Stupid computer. Nice gift for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! that is such a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your loot! Now can you fix it for the postie to help save my horrible working week tomorrow please? :o/

    Oh, and if people are having problems reading, IE and the embedded comments like this do not get along since a change they put in last October and tweaked again in the last week - if you have pop up or 'other page' comments, it seems to get round it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely vintage sheetes! (lovely bag too, even the old one ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bag. I hope your weekend is better than the week leading up to it. Mouthy Stitchers Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous bag, you lucky lady, very summery, so maybe you can bring it in June, stuffed with fabric loveliness for us all to stroke :) Am managing to comment on your blog only after installing Google Chrome...it's a clever ploy to get more users onto Chrome I think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely gesture, hope you are cheerier today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely bag! Hope work gets better today...if not then at least it's the weekend in a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic treat! I hope you have a relaxing weekend to recover from your week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great bag - a treat to cheer you up indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx