Header

Thursday 5 January 2012

The Blessed Path...

I took the Route of all Evil, so to speak, back to work today, whilst yesterday I passed a lovely few hours making a couple more blocks.

Judith and Sarah, for those not already in the know, run a real-life sewing group and simultaneous virtual Bee, called Bee Blessed, making quilts for the needy in Northern Ireland;  I have made a couple of blocks in the past, missed the last round, but was determined to send some back along with my Brit Bee blocks this month.

Asking for blocks for sampler quilts, any colours, any block, had me dashing for my thus far merely 'perused' copy of Modern Blocks...


On the cover is probably the least 'fun' of the whole 99 illustrated inside, however that was to be my starting point...


So after a quick scrabble about, I plumped for a bit of Solid action and a couple of charm squares and came up with these Pathways blocks...


Katy C - this was your Japanese Import choice I believe!
I hope they will fit in with your grand plans my dear ladies x

I can finally confirm that the way the book is laid out, and the clear instructions given, made this block so easy to put together, and has added to my enthusiasm to make a quilt of more adventurous blocks, which, after the day I've had, is something I would love to spend my working hours buried beneath just now.

If you want to join in, and send a block or two, check out the flickr group too; I'm sure Judith and Sarah won't mind me pointing out that last month was 'granny block month', so do not be put off by the muted florals that await you at first glance!

29 comments:

  1. Love the pathways blocks! (At first I thought your post was going to be about how you'd read Pilgrim's Progress over the Christmas break!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that book on my wish list pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks & that looks like a fabulous book! But most of all, what a lovely thing those ladies do - I have joined the flickr group & when I am not beyond tired will have a proper look & do my best to join in. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh these blocks are super cool Hadley ... I love how just changing the colours made it such a fun block!

    I really want to try one now ... you've inspired me ... it will have to be post-bletchley quilt though ... *sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting for that book to be delivered then I can join in making those blessed blocks - hehe!

    Yours are gorgeous - I'd love to see you mak a quilt of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hadley, they're beautiful! I saw this pattern and just didn't have the inspiration to make these blocks as pretty as you did. What lovely colors/prints you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blocks. hope your 1st day back wasn't too bad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those blocks! I am working myself up to try Lynne's Union Jack block and the flying geese circle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the second time I read about the book. Maybe I should put it on the wishlist but unfortunately Christmas is over ...

    It is a fabulous block you made! I love them ! My little one would instantly fall in love with the pink one *gg*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks Hadley, and don't they look so much nicer how you've done them! Still yet to do my blocks for Judith, let alone a couple of Bee Blessed blocks. I'm hopeful for the weekend :) I may even try returning to work tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great book - think I need it on my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! You can be our marketing manager any day! Love these blocks - thank you! And I love the book - wish I had more time to play in it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. But the Route of all Evil is the path to wanton fabric purchases so that's OK then.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous!! I'm joining in, just need my machine to stop the making the weird, high pitch squeaking noise. eeekkk!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, how lovely! I thought the blue version was great, then I saw the red one. Fab and now I know what to spend my Xmas money on - that looks like a great book. (And because I have said it before - hope 2012 brings you lots of lovely things!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those blocks, that book is already in my online shopping basket. Might have to click that Buy button!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lovely J bought me that book for my birthday - it's fabulous. As are your blocks - thank you so much, Hadley!! I wasn't so fussed about this block myself but you have really opened my eyes to its potential with your interpretation of it! Yumminess!

    PS. We prefer "soft vintage blocks" as a description rather than "granny blocks" - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol, I was just about to say I recognise those charms you used! Great take on that block :o) I'm going to make my first thing from it this weekend, I'm tackling the windmill blown up for a cushion cover

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the blocks. What do you do for a real job?

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your take on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great blocks...I want this book!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Gold Star missus, you've made that block look stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are lovely blocks, I bet a whole quilt of them would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous blocks. Judith and Sarah will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful blocks...think I may have to get myself a copy of that book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such bright and happy pathways blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yep, that book's going on my birthday list!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx