Header

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Bee-ing Alone Again...

Having waved dear husband off to work and safely deposited the children back in school yesterday, I hunkered down to a nice bit of sewing, whilst the wild winds blew and the torrential rain beat the crap out of the conservatory roof!  (That's an official weather category, honest!)

As has become customary, first week of the month I like to get my Brit Bee blocks made, due in part to the paranoid fear of a total sewing machine malfunction later in the month, but mainly as I can't wait to make and finish a project in one sitting!

Judith, Rags To Bags, sent us a bag of scraps, asking for log cabin blocks, any type, any style and directed us to her great Pinterest board for inspiration.

With the request for the centre fabric to come from our stash to 'remind her of the maker', and the outer edges to be of a particular fabric she'd sent us all, Judith pretty much gave us free-reign, simultaneously exciting and just a bit scary!

So here they are...



I love the mini-log cabin in the top one, even if I do say so myself; and the cheeky birds having a natter, who could they be?

I had great fun making these blocks Judith, thank you for trusting us, well, me in particular!

PS.  I hope everyone came through yesterday unscathed; we just got very wet, twice, lost our analogue TV picture for a few hours, had to navigated one section of deeply flooded road and a couple of fallen trees on the drive to swimming lessons, but I know people were really affected, and hope it wasn't any of you.

26 comments:

  1. Great blocks! Sorry to hear about the weather over there, but glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're gorgeous Had! Starting to think my traditional red centres are a little boring now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these blocks, just fabulous! Sorry about your dark and stormy day! It's just really cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blocks are gorgeous ...........we had no power from 8am till just gone 4 in the afternoon ,but a lot of people had worse than us but how the wind blew (is that a word )

    ReplyDelete
  5. We came through it unscathed - although it did look at times as though someone was throwing buckets of water at the patio windows! Lucky we had no school, we have to walk so I think I would have seriously considered keeping J home if we'd had to go yesterday!
    Love the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks! Glad you escaped harm yesterday. We're ok too. Very windy but no damage apart from lack of sleep due to the noise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks. pretty wild weather up in Hertfordshire too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blocks! Still stormy here too but nowhere near as bad as you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I have had to pick up the recycling bin off the road twice (now I have given up)it's galeforce out there.

    Love the blocks and love owls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute blocks. I did not hear of your bad weather until now. Glad you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had that weather here in Cheshire ...I'm NOT sure that was how it was described on the news though!! xx
    Keep safe x

    ReplyDelete
  12. There was an awful roar from the trees in front of us all night, but no harm done near us thankfully! I LOVE MY BLOCKS! I knew you wouldn't let me down! Thank you! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blocks! We've had 100 mph winds up here, and there's been some terrible damage to buildings and cars, with roads and things blocked off by police as it howls through again :o/ Luckily I think we've only lost a bit of guttering, and possibly some tiles - we were going to get someone out to fix the damage from the last round, and a few other occasions, so guess it's a good thing we procrastinated a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your blocks, what a great idea. It was awful here yesterday too, sitting in a school watching the end of the world outside....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ADORE that little extra log cabin in the first block - J is so lucky to be getting these from you. I will plague her to let me see them in the flesh when she get's them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blocks Hadley, Glad that your all safe from that terrible weather you've been having.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blocks! It's howling outside, but so far we are all ok!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the blocks! No problems with the wind, rain, etc. so far but it sure is gusty...I'm hoping that everything is where it should be when I get up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous blocks. Wind did throw me about a bit this morning on the scooter but I made it into work anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blocks are brilliant. You have raised the bar once again.

    Emily walked out of the house to the car yesterday morning and got hit with the torrential rain, turned around, walked back into the house and declared that she was not going back outside. Unfortunately for her I still made her go to school!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous blocks. Lianne (who works for me) ended up staying over after warnings were on the radio not to travel on the M62 (which is her route home the 30 miles to Rochdale). Sadly the winds weren't strong enough to stop our trip to Weight Watchers for the dreaded post Christmas weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blocks and how appropriate - must be you and Rhonda!

    We had a power cut for 3 hours! So I cut up some fabric in the gloom!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your fussy-cut owls! Beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i am so behind on my blog reading... it is terrible. i love those blocks though! i bet she loves them. we had the power go out at our house on our babysitters a week ago but i am sure idaho didn't experience the same storm you did. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx