Header

Monday 10 March 2014

Be prepared...

It wasn't all sitting in the sun doing nothing this weekend, I actually pulled out my next Midnight at the Oasis borders and appliqued on the bias 'stems' which I pinned about a month ago!

I loved doing it, but had built the whole process up to being a big old nightmare in my head!  Why?  I haven't a clue!


So today I began preparing the flowers that will adorn said stems.  I googled Sarah Fielke's Craftsy video to check on the tin foil circle method (not to be confused with the Tinfoil Trouser Trio - that's probably more suitable to a Random Thursday post... maybe, one day!).

Anyhow my circles are pressed and ready for the end of the week, when, as per my admission notes, I will be unfit to drive, boil a kettle, (yeah, we knew that one already), or operate any machinery!


OK so we all know I will probably just spend Friday sleeping, watching trash TV and eating ice cream, but hey, I am prepared to sew, if nothing else xxx

21 comments:

  1. Nothing like being prepared, even if you don't do any of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good! Adore the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping it won't be as bad as they say! Hope you at least get a lovely day of sewing Friday. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being prepared, hope it all goes well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No kettle boiling? Is that not cruel and unusual punishment to you tea and coffee drinkers? Hope everyone suitably pampers you anyway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for being prepared, your handiwork sure is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you said, always best to be prepared, even if you don't get round to doing any of it. And of course you wont need to boil the kettle, you'll have minions for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So by machinery we also mean the dishwasher, washing machine, etc, as well, right?? Hope it goes well xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are all organised, hope you manage to squeeze some sewing in as a break from the trashy TV and ice-cream:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good and always a smart idea to be prepared. Hope all goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, if it involves eating ice cream maybe it's not so bad after all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on Friday. It's not as bad as you think ( I know I've had one!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I hope you get your sewing day too - your prep. looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least you'll have something pretty to look at if you get sick of looking at the telly! Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the best for your scoping! Your quilt is going to be fabulous! I'm dying for some time to crack on with mine but you know....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope it all goes OK and you have a favourite quilt at the ready for napping under on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so interesting to see you applique - I have a massive hang up (anti-applique) in my head so much so that I will actively avoid it. Maybe you'll convince me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's good to be prepared, I bet you will be feeling better than you expect. I like that foil method, I have to get back to my applique project too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is going to be stunning, I can't wait to see it finished. I also loved your World Book Day outfits, having a theme is a great idea from the school, it might cut down on children just coming to school dressed up as characters from films!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shall I stop past and make you tea?

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx