Header

Tuesday 12 February 2013

#xplusalong Reveal

Thank you for waiting patiently, the sunshine was noticeable by its absence today, but at least it wasn't raining or snowing, or both; so, ta-dah...


I love this quilt, there's no denying it.

Each + is made of a different print, with my favourite, the white pins, smack bang in the middle.  I got the Sew Stitchy layer cake from Aneela back when I attended her embroidery class in September last year.  It reminds me of a happy day back when things were feeling really bleak.

As I mentioned the other day, I love the backing too; I have never made a simple pieced back like this before, why?!  I think it complements the busy front perfectly.

So that's my fourth quilt made this year, and I am champing at the bit to know what the next #QAL will be.  In the meantime, I have the Siblings Together fabrics sorted and 11 out of 12 Brit Bee blocks almost ready for attention, so I am hoping for No.5 by the end of the month!

For those who like stats...

10" xplus blocks adapted from AmyBadskirts' tutorial c/o Mrs Bone
60" square finished
1 Layer Cake & 2 Charm packs of Sew Stitchy
Sew Stitchy yardage for borders, binding and backing
Kona Ash & Coal backing
Aurifil 50wt 2021 Off-white for piecing and quilting
Quilted a 'walking-foot's width' either side of the + seams; unquilted squares c.7"
Sew Simple cotton batting, pieced with a zig-a-zag-arh!

30 comments:

  1. Lovely!! Congrats on a really nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you on at the moment...can I have some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a happy finish to reveal:)It is really a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a mission, and this is beautiful, are you foregoing heating in your house this winter, and just having enough quilts for everyone in every room?? The white pins are perfect in the middle, great placement : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt! Don't suppose you'll mind having winter continue for a bit longer yet- to use all those lovely quilts!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! You have to slow down now to let the rest of us catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks absolutely stunning, no wonder you are thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go mrs f-b go! 4 quilts already wow, stunners too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect reminder of your day with Aneela :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful - love these fabrics and they are perfect for these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning - it makes me want to join in and make one but I have 2 quilts sat ready to be quilted first!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty, pretty quilt. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pinks and blues, gorgeous :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the race begins. You have 4 finished quilts this year? You are off to a great start and only 6 weeks in to 2013. This one is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one lovely quilt top, well done, but do we need to be concerned that the kids, house, husband or work are being neglected? oops, typo . . . who cares about work?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are obviously on a role ! It is a gorgeous quilt that brings much needed sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's so lovely and springy! Really beautiful :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great quilt....I dont doubt that you love it, its wonderful. I love the backing too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to make one too! I love your color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fun quilt with all those great fabrics! Your quilting is perfect for it, I bet it is nice and cuddly. I am sure enjoying watching you sew this year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love it! What a treasure. You are keeping it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so pretty. Love the colors. I'm aching to do a + quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are on a roll! It looks fab, very pretty. I think next months is the kalidascope along!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx