Header

Friday 15 February 2013

Sweet Valentines...

Thank you for all the Sidekick Tote love, I am terribly behind on emails again, but will catch up at some point over the weekend.  Today has been filled with way too much domestic activity, Rainbows being invested and the arrival of my Pretty Little Pouch Swap parcel, but that will get a post all of its own.

This evening I am therefore just going to put my feet up, and relax, after showing you a couple of pics from yesterday.

Last week I pulled out my Zakka Style to make dear hubby something for Valentine's Day that he had actually asked for, a pen case.  I gave him a swanky fountain pen for Christmas, and it needed a cosy home.

I used the same man-flannel that I made man-presents from at Christmas, and even though I have made a few of these, that turning through bit at the end always makes me worry that it is all going to go horribly wrong!


It didn't.  Success all round.

And as if roses and chocolates weren't enough, dear husband and I headed over to Chichester for the day.  We has breakfast at John Lewis at Home, and then we went to The Eternal Maker. 

I say 'we'.  I went in for a while, whilst he waited patiently in the car, and just as it was time to pay, my gallant knight strode in and paid for my wares.  How lucky am I!?


4 half meters of the newly delivered Architextures, my favourite Aurifil thread, some luscious Cosmos floss and a meter of measuring tape. 

Gifts don't get much more perfect than that xxx

25 comments:

  1. Nice Valentines presents all round. I note that they are all fabric too! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm - love that fabric at the front...the man flannel case is tres sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like he thoroughly deserved a mancase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you happen to find a spare knight like that, send him my way :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pfffftt, who needs that Ryan gosling guy when you've got Mr FB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You scored big time ! I guess your knight in shining armour is a keeper then?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd call the day a success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds perfect! You picked excellent fabrics and the pen case is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great day and that Mr of yours is a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect fabrics and the perfect husband!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pen case...I love pens :) Nice gifts for you too! I will be down that way in March and so hopefully will take a trip to The Eternal Maker

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only you'd known - you could have added a stack more!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bless him. He knows what valentines is all about. Love the fabric by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great day indeed! Tell Hubby I was expecting a Valentine this yeah after all the surprise swoons I did for him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a lovely day - and the pen case looks brilliant (and very manly. :-) )The architextures looks lovely - have you a specific project in mind for it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does hubby offer lessons by correspondence?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very good man zakka. Lovely fabric, you lucky bunny, maybe I can engineer a drive-by for Chichetster tomorrow and get a better late than never Valentines something! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your gallant knight needs to hire himself out for husband training.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can your gallant Knight have a word with my sloppy arsed Hubbie about the correct protocol for buying fabric presents? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pen case. Your trips to The Eternal Maker sound like mine, only thing is my husband doesn't come in and pay but I think that probably better that way! Haven't been there for ages, but can feel a visit coming on this week seeing as I'm off work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He's a catch for sure! My hubby was texting me from the car - how much longer would i be? - lol! and he didn't pay... Great pen case :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What Susan said!
    Love the pen case, the fabric and the sidekick tote from your last post!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx