Header

Sunday 17 February 2013

Ooh aah, just a little bit...

This weekend was mostly about family.  We spent yesterday up at my parents', left dear son there for a little holiday, and today the girls got to party...


Fortunately, after about 30 minutes of watching 6 year olds dancing, I was given my marching orders and came home to a sunny conservatory, and a little bonus fabric-pulling time!  Result.

Inspired by lovely ladies such as the calming one, and the other one, I thought I would have a play with my greens and make a little something or other for the Pantone 2013: Emerald Quilt Challenge.


Hopefully I will have a little finish to show you tomorrow of the cushion variety; nothing too complicated or award winning; I just need to fabricate a little back-story to make it sound way more interesting!

13 comments:

  1. Looking interesting, is that a wee bit of linen mixed in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to lose hours & hours to kids parties some weekends! Us mums were embarrassing the kids by knowing all the words to One Direction yesterday! I need to cut loads of 1.5" squares for my next mario block and just can't face it... maybe tomorrow! Looking forward to cushiony lovliness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously you need to keep up the birdie song routine when asked to bust a move, it'll get you kicked out of any dance party you need ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it will be a sweet cushion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha the birdy song, France, several rum and cokes and dancing on tables - don't ask!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bwahahahahaha!!! the "other one"??? *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cogs have been working again, be careful of all that thinking, it's dangerous you know! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh can the back story involve leprechauns or bogies please?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol...it looks very yummy to me and your greens are so pretty! Were you selling crisps again - you will always be the crisp seller in my eyes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't stop laughing at Sarah's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice for big brother to get to stay with grandparents on his own :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I get to meet the other one this week. I think I am good being the calming one. I also think your project is looking good, I am sure you have a good story made up by now.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx