Header

Saturday 2 February 2013

Super Saturday...

It was another of those wonderful starts to a weekend where a quick look at my Blogger Reading List, before facing the day, brought a big smile to my face! 

I popped my #scrappytripalong into the January Made With Pink Castle linky last week, like you do, and guess what, it got randomly picked to receive a surprise prize!!  When I pre-ordered my FMF from Brenda last year, I pretty much had to sell a vital body part or two; but I knew it would be the basis for my favourite quilt ever, and I was so right!  I'll let you know when my surprise arrives!

Then the postie came, just as I was setting up my sewing machine for the morning; Judith's Brit Bee fabric had arrived and was ready for the making.

You know how Brit Bee are all super friends, and we are able to take those liberties that common or garden acquaintances might not, well following my month, a 24" block, (that's really 4 blocks, but who's counting!), Judith wanted 16" half square triangles to make into a beautiful wall-hanging for her bedroom, and a second hidden star block.  Judith explains more, and way better here.
Middle picture to prove I am capable of matching points, but apparently only sometimes!
Well these came together so quickly with her pre-cuts, and because my points left a little to be desired on the star block, I whipped her up a little 4" square of 1" HSTs made from the off-cuts; Judith is the queen of waste-not-want-not!


After lunch Kerry had a little Instagram de-stash, which created complete havoc with trying to make a triple zip pouch; playing Quick-draw McGraw with Emily to bag the bargains was fun though!  She won, but I got the Pips I was after, and some Japanese bunnies which will no doubt come in useful when the Easter-making urge comes over me!

You won't be surprised to hear that I did finish my triple-zipper though, but that really deserves a full post of its own tomorrow. 

I hope your weekend got off to a flying start too.

15 comments:

  1. Ha! I love that mini block! You're a genius - I should do that with mine too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were super quick with your bee blocks. I have a day of seeing planned for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops sorry about that! But if I do ever get my hands on some kerchief girls I will definitely share them with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win - lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your winnings! Very fun, and the blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win, hope you and Emily haven't been doing handbags at dawn though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the winning too, you know you always do. I love the bee blocks and am glad to hear you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winning stuff, sewing, buying Kerry's destash! Beats spending your day bruising your a**e on the ice while skating like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo for the winnings and love those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a superb day! Love your bee blocks and I'm looking forward to seeing your prize from Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness look at those beautiful points. Well done, Hadders!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and well deserved. You always make such great projects, bee blocks and gifts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent blocks. Congrats on yet ANOTHER win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute blocks! Love the added bonus of the wee little HSTs…!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx