Header

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Nice Pair...

This evening, eager to get back to my sewing machine for a quick 'fix', the timely instructions for the next blocks of the Mystery quiltalong were ready and waiting, thank you Sheila!

A pair of Ohio Stars...


These were lovely to make (unlike the horror of my paper-pieced effort), and I got them cut, sewn, trimmed and pieced in about an hour and a half, which is pretty good going for me!

I am regretting the background choice, but I think I have gone too far now to start again - it's a fiddle to piece, and is a bit too busy - but I really am treating this as a great learning project.  Sheila's instructions are brilliant, and I have attempted and learnt so much so far, so I am not going to beat myself up about the fabric!

Today I also handed wee monkey over to his new owner, bored ballet brother, who was thrilled!  It's nice to know he has gone to a good home and will be loved.  Phew!

7 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful! And that monkey is so great I'm sure he will be loved for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona is right, your blocks are beautiful! I love the background! You coud still change it up, with something else for another 3 or 4 blocks and then change it again for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Nicey Pair! I think the background looks fab, but I could see how stripes could involve a lot more work and planning for you! Mine would end up all over the shop at weird angles! I think Trudi's got a point, you could change the background if you wanted to for the next 3 or 4 blocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title had me cracking up...I have heard that statement before...never about me and never about a pair of quilt blocks. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab blocks! It might not look as busy when all the blocks are put together, especially if you're putting sashing between them. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely feedback for me Had, thanks. Your pair are looking good, everyone sems to have enjoyed these two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving those Nicey jane stripes and all the directional action!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx