Header

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Return of the Mo'!

If you didn't read Danielle Coolbear's appeal for help over at Lily's Quilts last night, then I ask you to please take a look... it's OK, I'll wait here with the tissues until you come back.

Having possibly the most awesome real name ever, Danielle has asked for moustache blocks to contribute towards equally awesome Can't Grow A Mo', Sew A Mo' quilts for Movember and the Mary Potter Hospice in Wellington, NZ.

The comment I left there pretty much sums up my reason for helping; Prostate cancer will probably affect everyone of us in one way or another at some point in our lives, and doing anything that can either help research into this heartbreaking and prevalent disease, or care for those who are suffering, is a given in my book.

If you are in the UK or prepared to post here, Danielle is collecting blocks to make her quilt; her mother will be doing likewise in New Zealand, so if you are of the Australasian persuasion maybe you can help on that side of the world.

Both quilts, (although I think Danielle may have started something a little bigger than just a couple!) will then be auctioned off, so maybe you want to keep an eye out for those and place a bid.

I immediately pulled some fabrics I thought would do the business; Mama Said Sew scribble writing which looks like tangled 'tache hairs, and the Momo (geddit?) scissors which are a must for keeping everything neat and tidy!




My blocks are standard 12.5", but they can be smaller, or rectangles, whatever takes your fancy.

There is a flickr group and further information on Danielle's blog, so please have a think, and even if you can only manage a little pencil moustache, it will help!

And so, with this reality check, and bit of perspective, I think my mojo has returned xxx

20 comments:

  1. Oh, you've reminded me I need a lip wax!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mo's! Pop in and check out my contribution to Danielle's tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mo's ROCK!
    and for a great cause too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great!!! - I read the blog post and want to get involved but need my Mojo to return pretty darn quick or you could grow a beard in the time it takes me to pull my finger out - I saw some great moustache fabric earlier too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Groan on the fabric choices, but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic...great design and the fabrics are lovely. I'm hopping over to Danielle's blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant blocks H! I always knew you were a big softie! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab blocks, I'll try and get some done when I get back x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well... As it happens I know the Mary potter hospice well. That's the hospice my Grandfather was in when he was in his final battle of lung cancer. Will make the relevant enquiries when I get back from holiday

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I love the mo blocks which apparently my iPad wouldn't let me type as part of my other comment. Gah this thing is random sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I signed up for this too, it's an excellent cause - so good to see your blocks as I hadn't seen past a dark coloured mo but loving these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! What fun and in such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them! Will look out fabric and a mo to-mo-rrow! *groan*

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are fabulous, i'm so glad you posted about Danielle's project, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx