I did it! I managed to get the binding on before my eyes gave up in the gloom last night. Please excuse the rainy day photos, obviously not my fault, but I couldn't wait to show you.
I am so glad I dove right in to make this Sew Together Bag, because it actually isn't complicated to make, it just looks it.
The pattern in great, it could do with a few more photos or diagrams, but the Quilt Barn Sewalong fills all the gaps if you are feeling unsure. When I make the next one I will probably only be referring to the pattern for the measurements then be off.
I used some of my hoarded Melody Miller arrows and a little of my Cotton & Steel winnings, and I am so glad I did.
I used regular heavy weight iron-on interfacing on the pockets, and for the main outside panel some woven interfacing then a layer of fusible fleece (H630). This combo has given it a nice bit of structure.
The only modifications I made to the pattern was to hand stitch down my bindings, because one, I love doing it, and two, it looks the biz!
To join the zipper tabs to the side bindings, I left an inch and a half of the binding unstitched in the middle, and on the reverse left about 4" unstitched when hand finishing.
I then tucked the tab into the binding and machine closed the smaller gap, then stitched up the 4" gap to keep it all neat and tidy. That might make sense if you have made one!
To be honest I am not sure if it was worth the effort, because to the untrained eye it probably looks no different, but I do like to meddle!
So I am planning on keeping Zipit going with orders for a while, and start pulling fabrics for at least a couple more.