Header

Thursday 2 October 2014

End of days...

Ooh that sounds a bit more dramatic than I was intending!

If the weatherman is to be believed, the weather will be turning wetter, windier and colder, so I am glad I got to put my feet up for a little while in the sun today.  It was beautiful.


The feet up was a break from the preparation, both of what I am taking away, as well as what and who I am leaving behind for the weekend.

Yep, it's a Brit Bee Weekender, and I can't bloody wait; it has been a long time coming.  Some of our wonderful number will be absent, in body at least, which we are all sad about, but they will be in our thoughts.   The remaining baker's dozen, (not a quilter's dozen, 'cause that would be 12 and a half, I suspect!), will be stitching, munching and talking, printing, munching and talking some more, from tomorrow afternoon until Monday.  Did I mention that I am rather excited!?

It's a long old journey from here to the Peak District, and I wouldn't do that for any old body!

This evening though, (as if I didn't have enough to do), we went to visit dear son's next stop on the educational ladder.  We have a peculiar system here with years 6 to 8 attending a middle school before moving onto the Grammar, and tonight was the open evening.  We were impressed, but boy those year 8s look big!

Roll on tomorrow, and roll on next September.

13 comments:

  1. Thought you were joining an apocolyse cult for a second! I only know a few people whose children have gone through the middle school system but every one of them seem to think its a good idea. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait til your boy is one of those big year eights. Doesn't take long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun sewing and munching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fabulous weekend. Hasn't the weather been amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those days where you just get to spend time in the sun - it's what I miss most in the depths of winter. Have fun at your retreat - sounds like a great way to spend a weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least I won't be accused of bringing the rain over with me tomorrow! Have a blast! Miss you! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you all have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another borough that writes it's own rules! Windsor had middle schools than take them from year 5 to 8, but no grammar schools, while slough just a few miles away has the 2 school system ( up to 6 then 7 and up ) and at least 4 grammar schools!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Husband and children have left the building. I am free until Monday 3pm. See you in a few hours!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're going to have such a wondeful time! Take lots of photos.
    You crack me up with your quilter's dozen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the quilters dozen... see you tea time!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx