Header

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Brit Bee Weekender pt.1

I do not apologise if you begin to tire of the blog posts that will pop up here and there over the next week; the first Brit Bee Weekender was so fantastic that everyone should gather a group of friends and head off out into the country to sew!

We booked The Stables back in July, and had been planning meals and looking forward to it ever since.

Sadly there were some beautiful faces who could not join us, but they were in our thoughts and prayers; the unstoppable Terri even popped in from LA, via FaceTime, on Friday evening.

I arrived first, and was able to have a good look around and have a cup of tea in the peace and quiet before, well, before the buzz of a dozen sewing machines and the best bunch of friends started chatting, laughing, eating and stitching for the next 66 hours!



The sewing space was perfect…



The kitchen was equipped for anything, even the 30 kilos of baked goods we consumed…



… and quite frankly 3 nights was not long enough!

Of course there were phone calls made to husbands, partners, children and pets (probably), we didn't cast aside all outside responsibilities, but seeing how well those left behind all coped, I see no reason why this shouldn't become an annual occurrence!

Now it won't come as a surprise to those who were following us on instagram, but it was the most productive weekend sewing-wise too, which considering the amount of talking and cake eating that went on, is actually amazing.  I will let you see all the things I made tomorrow, and leave you with the picture that sums up the weekend…



Smiling friends, wearing pyjama bottoms and loving every minute!

Today I was home, sewing alone, it wasn't fun.

19 comments:

  1. I think we all need to live far closer to each other to keep us going between our weekenders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed you all made stuff and didn't just sit eating cake, drinking tea and fondling fabric instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. annual at the very least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. duh - I looked at the photo and thought that's nice, quilts on the beds, as I said, duh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so not missing out on the next one! I will even buy new jammy bottoms specially! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you all had such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it looks so so fun - and 30kgs of baked goods - yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Earlier planning required to ensure no double bookings! And yes, annual at the least! Was a great weekend! And I had the pleasure of an extended visitor to my studio yesterday which helped ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful - if you ever find yourself with a space to fill just give me a shout !

    ReplyDelete
  10. "everyone should gather a group of friends and head off out into the country to sew!" - couldn't agree more! Fab pic of you all together in your Jammie Bottoms🆒 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was such a great time and the venue was so fab for all of our equipment and food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looked fab and it was nice that our Devon mini-retreat was happening at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The place looks gorgeous too. I a impressed that you managed to sew much at all as i have a habit of chatting a lot with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you all had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you all had a fab time and only slightly (OK, massively) jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds amazing, what a wonderful way to spend a weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that looks pretty perfect.x

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx