Header

Friday 24 October 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2014

Hello there!  Welcome to my humble abode, maybe for the thousandth time, maybe the first, it's lovely to see you all.

AmysCreativeSide.com

This evening I am linking up with awesome Amy and her Blogger's Quilt Festival.  I love taking part, love seeing so many inspiring and wonderful creations all in one place; so many quilts, so little time, it's great to not have to do the leg work.  We may not be at market, but it's not the end of the world!

I scanned through my photos for the last six months; there are a few quilts in there, not as many as I would have hoped, I think 5 or 6, and this time I have plumped for my last quilt finish.

My #IGminiswap quilt.


I finished this up at the Brit Bee Weekender a few weeks back, but I was so damn productive that weekend, the finish didn't get an all bells and whistles post to itself, so now is its time shine.


My partner in this swap has a liking for improv, and her likes mosaic was pleasingly scrappy.  Improv does not come easily to me.  I like a straight line and a perfect point (not to obsession, but near enough, oh the irony!), so I had to keep us both happy.

Wonky Drunkard's Path blocks.  Cut with a Sizzix, pieced and then squared off to 3.5" with no particular alignment.


I hope this ticks my partner's box, so to speak.  I love how it turned out, sometimes those sketches on the back of an office memo really do make it all worthwhile.

I pondered the ROYGBIV category, but have decided to pop this in with the Scrappy Quilts.


A few more details for those who like them:

Finished size 24" square;
60 different coloured scraps; duplicates in the LV background;
Pieced & quilted with Aurifil 2021 50wt;
Bound with black & white Flurry and a few coloured scraps for luck;
Off-centre spiral quilting.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look, I am certainly looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been up to x

30 comments:

  1. What a great little quilt. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful. What a lucky partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been there at the finish for this beauty I can attest that it is even more amazing in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should've nicked it while I was there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very lucky partner. Wonderful job. I need to get over my fear of curves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see this again- really gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool mini - your partner is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful quilt, love the colours and design. I am sure your partner thought it fab too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the quilting on this - great job, H

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous little quilt, I love the colours and I love the quilting! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun scrappy quilt. I love the way you've used so many fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your swap partner will love this!! It's fabulous. I love the wonkiness of the circles and the colours. Super spiral quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this little quilt and I bet your swap partner does too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great little quilt! Love the way you've quilted it too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love scrappy and love this design! Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely ticks for me!:) This is my fav of all the scrappy ones!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well thank goodness you forewent the ROYGBIV category (less competition for me ;-) )
    I love the slight wonkiness of the scrappy circles and the low volume background really shows off all of the great fabrics you chose! It's a fab swap quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really great quilt! Love the quirky circles.:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, whimsical and happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pretty colors of your circles. It's very pretty, and it definitely shines!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful mini! Love the offset circle quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your quilt very much. I gave up curves (too difficult for me) but this quilt makes me try them again. Nice quilting also.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This mini is a great addition to the competition...I like the wonkiness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous! Gets my vote in the scrappy category

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah, another winner I see Missus!! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You won, you won, you won in the scrappy category!
    Your quilt is so harmonious!
    congratulations,
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your win Hadley, well deserved.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on your win! Hurrah for stepping out of your comfort zone with the improv piecing. I'm not comfortable with it either, but on this, it just works!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx