Header

Sunday 28 August 2011

One step ahead...

Soon the Mug Rug and Goodie Swap will be in full flow, with partners being allocated as we speak; so last night, after Doctor Who, I got to sorting through this little selection of fabrics...


The flickr group is filling up with lovely inspirational mosaics, and I'm still not sure if I am surprised or not that many of those favourites turn up time and again in people's selections.  Looking at the page of thumbnails, they all look pretty similar.

So, with my blank sheet, and sharpened pencil...


I did a bit of sketching and calculating to see what I would be able to create with what I have. 

I'm considering about half a dozen ideas which are currently knocking about in my head, hoping I will be able to narrow them down to match my actual partners' tastes; but for now, it was fun just getting to lay a load of fabric all over the living room floor and play for a while before the pressure is on!

Thank you all again for the wonderful comments on my 241 Tote; I truly am overwhelmed by all your kind responses, you guys know how to make me smile  xx

15 comments:

  1. I'm going to be doing my homework for this in a while, I have to finish a dress for my mum first! Should be set in a couple of hours though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very fun evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, WHat have I got into...the mosaics look fantastic...the pressure is on now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sneaked into the goodie swap at the 11th hour. I tried very hard to resist but the mosaics got me in the end. Need to start on my own one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be my first mugrug and my pal Janet has joined in for a first time ever swappy/flickr experience, well chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, you're preparing already?! I think I'll be waiting a week or two to see if I get any ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Hadley - you are so organized! Congrats on the Log Jam win too. It was (oh I hate to admit it) a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The difficulty I'm finding with the goody swap is when you get a partners real name and address but not their bloggie name it makes working out which mosaic might be theirs hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oi, some of us are on holiday and can't get a head start! I didn't even know the Flickr site was up and running. Must hop over there and have a look. And well done on 'Log Jam' clever clogs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eee! Hadley! I can't believe you're off and running, my friend. I need to get myself organzed ASAP and start getting a few ideas sketched out. Why it is you're always giving me a little kick to get running?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems we had the same idea. Stay ahead of the game! Fabric pull looks yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what could be better than a basket full of fabric? happy planning drawing dreaming. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to seeing finished projects.
    Nice basket of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Playtime for adults! Bring it on! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx