Header

Friday 26 August 2011

Cutting it up a bit!

No sewing at all yesterday; there was some digging, mosaic, pottery, cave painting and colouring-in at the village museum though.


It was Junior Archaeology Day, so we went along and had a play, just as the sun came out.  A good time was had by all, and then we had a quick look in the actual 'museum'.

I don't know if there is an official minimum 'size' for a museum, but this one is probably up/down there in the 'tiniest' category, probably no bigger than our lounge (our lounge is not huge), but out of all the things they could have displayed, they chose to display this...


And look closely...




I am so easily impressed!

The museum is also home, (probably not unsurprisingly then), to the Storrington Quilters...


Who knew?!

And then there was the cutting, a lot of cutting.  I cut all the background fabric for the Across The Sea QAL top, to add to the Greek cross pieces I prepared the other evening...


... then I cut the pattern pieces and interfacing for my 241 tote that I am planning to get on with today...


I need another finish!

14 comments:

  1. What a great find in the museum. Are the hexies as tiny as they look? If you ever come to legoland again, and have time, there s an outpost of the Natural History Museum at Eton college, open to the public 2:30 to 5:30 on term time Sundays (for free) a friend organises activities there, we had a reptile afternoon, and she organised a sleepovr there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you manage to sneak your hexies in there!! LOL! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You had a very busy day! And cutting and prep work does = sewing imho! I have too much else going on the join in the Across the Seas QAL, so I'm wathing yours with great interest :) Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great day out...I love museums like that with all the old threads, fabrics, books etc. And WOW....some hexies too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So close to me - must have a look at Storrington Museum and check out our own too - similar size I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Jr Archaeology day when I was a little gal and LOVED it. Was convinced I was going to dig for the rest of my life. Funny how things change.

    Judith is crackin' me up. The image of you, in all black, tip-toeing in late at night, avoiding the Matrix-like laser alarm system to place your little hexies in there. Oh, that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing that tote :-) I'm so tempted to join in with the cutting... but I've got too many other things I should be getting on with...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the bag either, hope that bee has pride of place... loving the archaeology day, I've got a degree in it, would you believe, tell the kids it's great fun, but don't expect to earn a fortune :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun day out! Looking forward to seeing your bag finished - I was just thinking out RSR spring would make a great 241 tote! As for the QAL I've not even begun to think about fabrics. I may be AWOL before it's even started!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love children's museums, maybe because I taught elementary school for 20 years. If we're honest about it, many of us learn better from the very visual, hands-on approach that they use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day out and lots of cutting - that'll keep you out of trouble for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH wow, this is fantastic!! What an adventure & yes, if you're easily impressed, i'm easier, those finds are amazing. Have a gorgeous weekend, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol at Judith and Cindy. I can just picture you now, Mrs. Flash Gordon. Looks like a lovely day :-) Is your rotary cutter blunt now?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kids days at museums are great. Good family fun

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx