Header

Saturday 10 May 2014

Not the plan...

So I was going to baste and sew all afternoon, having spent the morning cleaning and tidying and doing all the boring stuff, but no sooner had I started to figure out the Giant Oakshott Star backing, when the phone rang.

The predicted rain hadn't been so bad after a soggy night, however the gale-force winds were playing havoc on cub camp, and the tents were blowing down.  So home-time came 24hrs early...

Why do they always camp at the bottom of a steep hill!
Bang went the sewing.

I do have a finish to show you from yesterday though; I just need my mojo to resurface and the clouds to part so I can get some pics.

I can't class this as a good day, but at least there was no time for someone to get clothes, or anything muddy. x

13 comments:

  1. How annoying to be denied the fun bit after putting in all the hard work to do the boring bits this morning, I hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah heck I can just imagine your disappointment, but what about the cub? I think there would have been tears here. My husband is running for 24 hrs this weekend despite the wind and rain, on that I will not comment! Hope tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. I'm sorry! I had some visitors come early so I had to clean up my sewing space/project a day early and it's not great. I feel like I would have finished it with that one extra day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't look like clouds will be parting today! Boohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, poor O, I did think about him yesterday, mum and I went for a walk snd nearly got blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any chance he can camp out in the back garden instead?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. weather is so inconvenient. They should have made them stay out so you could sew. It's character building. Oh hang on I was forgetting their kids at scouts not Chiefs lot....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww. What a disappointment for the wee man. And you must be gutted too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No muddy clothes is a plus. I hope you get some sewing done today

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless, we had to call 2 years ago from cub camp up at Small Dole to say they were bailing out due to the weather, Cue lots of parents changing plans to collect and muttering about scouts being prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  12. no convenient barns they could have stayed in?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, man! Bummer you lost your sewing time and they lost a night out camping. Stupid weather.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx