Header

Monday 3 June 2013

Groundwork and smiles!

This afternoon, I took advantage of our dear exhausted Cub's decision not to go swimming, I really didn't try to talk him round.  I flopped out in the sun with my bag of Liberty charms and scraps; which incidentally is a little Liberty bag I received at last year's Retreat from Mandy in the sample swap, and I pulled all the reds, pinks and blues to make my swapsies for this year.


I am going to make pincushions from Liberty Love, like the one I made before which was won by Trudi...


I have since cut all the pieces, so I am all set for the fun sewing bit.

I also cut the panels for a pouch that I am sending over to Danny for this year's Teen Reach Adventure Camp appeal.  If you would like to whip up a simple zipper pouch, drawstring bag or pillowcase for kids in the US Foster care system, take a look and please sign up.


And after all that prep, I checked my emails, only to have my day get even better by a surprise from Liberty to say I was selected as one of five winners to receive a FQ bundle after May's Instagram competition; I'm beaming!!


So now I am all set for a sewing session tomorrow, and with the prospect of more Liberty sessions to come in the mail.  And all this on my first day back at work!!

I'd like to say I hope your Monday was as good as mine, but really, you would have had to of won the lottery or something!

18 comments:

  1. Really pleased tat you won the Liberty. You now have the book and the fabric! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liberty love ... and a wee bit of Liberty jealousy! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awesome win! Love your pinnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the GOLDEN TOUCH is back! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. howlovely, made up for having to go back to work eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, congratulations on the win, you lucky, lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It wasn't but you've made me happy just looking at pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you, I'm so jealous. Need to get me some Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your idea for the sample swap. My items seem to be so crap compared to everyone elses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Monday. It poured with rain all day here, and I have no machine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely raiding your stash now ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, well done on your liberty win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on winning Hadley - that's fab news :) And oooh to the lucky ladies who will be getting a Liberty pincushion!!!! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy cow, more Liberty and for free. Now, that's a score! Have a fun sewing day.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx