Header

Monday 24 June 2013

100 x 80" = a lot of quilting...

This evening I quilted the other half of my Stitch Tease quilt.  A two and half hour marathon; which equates to about 8,000 inches of straight-line quilting, and I ache!!


After KS1 Sports Day tomorrow morning, (no work!), I am going the get the binding attached, leaving me with a couple of evenings of hand-finishing, which quite frankly, is a great birthday pressie to myself.

I have almost caught up with emails, thanks for all the 'fob love', and hopefully I will get to catch up with some blog reading, with limited commenting, on the iPad in bed shortly.  A pretty constructive Monday... got to love that!

17 comments:

  1. 8000... That's a whole lotta back and forth!! Well done! BTW, if you ever start selling them internationally, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quilting the bigger quilts, look at how many inches you went. The quilt is looking wonderful, and happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you. It looks wonderful. I'm about 3/4 of the way through mine. It's taken forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking amazing-welk done on all that quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! This IS pretty big! Pretty cool - you are making great progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking fab, you're a workhorse! Enjoy your birthday binding, is it actually today?? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'd take a birthday pressie of finishing a hand binding. Very satisfying! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! Love the straight line quilting. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking great! Amazing how much effort it is to quilt a project like this. You must be so sore! Happy birthday, lovely Hadley. Hope you enjoy every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it your birthday now? Happy Birthday if so. The quilt is going to be the best kind of birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Love the colors in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking wonderful....it was your birthday yesterday or soon? Have a happy one whenever it is xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fantastic and 8000 inches is a lot of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's big! Worthy of a rest and omr hand stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must have muscles like Popeye by now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 100"? Oops, maybe I should have trimmed some of those rows lol Still it will keeps lots of things covered :oD

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx