Header

Thursday 21 April 2011

Postcards from the edge...

Today the Postlady delivered my postcard from Benta.  How lovely is this!?  Thank you again B x.


The girls were shrieking with delight, I think they thought the biscuit was real (easy mistake); and it is now in pride of place in the kitchen.  I will take it with me when I go back to work next week, to remind me that nice things do happen in 'the real world'!

If you don't follow Benta's blog, SLIKstitches, have a look here to see how she made my lovely gift.

So obviously after my cupcake attempt the other day, I decided to have another go.  Firstly this...


not yet finished ...and then this for dear hubby...


Too much time spent cleaning the house and hanging washing in the sunshine to do anything else today; but I am having Easter ideas!

Before I go, you may have spotted the Mystery Quiltalong button that has appeared to the left.


Sheila of Bluepatch Quilter is going to lead a group of unsuspecting quilters, me included, through a magical mystery quiltalong.  I love the idea of making something that you have no idea what you will end up with, on purpose!  Why not join in the fun, there's a flick group, and if those members already are anything to go by, it's going to be good laugh.  C'mon, you know you want to!

3 comments:

  1. Your union jack looks great! mine is a bit of a disaster (just posted it), still... onwards and upwards, perhaps i'll give the bunting a try, it looks really cute! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it arrived! Thank you for the name check! I love the bunting, and the union jack, glad you're getting hooked! I love postcards as you can try a new idea without having do loads of copies. My oldest is 20 and at uni, so we send each other fabric postcards as a bit of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiltalong sounds fun - and i am in awe of the bunting and flag - do you sleep?!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx