Header

Wednesday 9 July 2014

What was I going to say?

Well the excitement of that football match, (poor Brazil), meant I didn't show you the little instant gratification I indulged in beforehand last night.  Sorry.

It may be a bit 2012, but I felt like using up some of my selvedges, not that I have masses, but enough for a good rummage.

So another little needle book…


I used some lovely felt from Eternal Maker, and a little of Aneela's Hello Petal dots for the lining…


It is roughly 4" square and I am thinking will become home to all my new needles and pins for FQR.


Oh I never told you the full saga of the needles did I!?

I ordered a pack of Chenille size 24 from John Lewis.  Picked them up in store and was so flabbergasted by the football sized box they came in, I didn't notice until I got home that they were a size 22.  I rang Customer Services, they said I could keep them and they would send me another pack.  Pack 2 arrived, um, size 22.  I rang again, replacement offered.  2 days later, another pack of size 22!

So the warehouse was asked to actually check they had some 24s.  They didn't.  So I am getting a £15 voucher for my trouble, as well as a refund.

The replacements are already on their way from eBay.

The moral of this story… I am not entirely sure!

14 comments:

  1. Hope you get the ones you want! At least JL didnt make you go to the bother of returning them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you watching tonight's game... I do not know if I want to keep watching. I am tired and if we win , the noise outside will wake me up anyway. It is almost midnight, and if they keep up this game it may be penalties as 01:00 AM. We have to be at school tomorrow at 8:30...
    Oh my word... That was almost a goal for Argentina.
    I better turn off the tv and go to bed... :-)
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. better than Tesco customer service. I bought hot dogs for our 4th July tea and they were 10 days out of date. Quote "well, you'll have to go and get some more from the shelf then " Moi? And indeed I did, and the rest of them were out of date too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be fined £1000 for each pack that's out of date by the health inspector!! Wow, that's awful!

      Delete
  4. Hope you have lots of size 22 projects planned. What is a chenille needle size 24 anyway? Oh ignorant me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good result, eventually, and I'm not talking footie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT!?!? Hilarious. You could open a stall at the market selling size 22 needles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get the 24s from....just in case I need them? And we all know where to get those 22 from!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So will you be flogging size 22 needles at FQR then???

    ReplyDelete
  9. moral of story is , 24 does not make 22 but gets you some vouchers.. the needle pad is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still trying to imagine how humungous size 24 needles are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Free is always good! I am sure you will enjoy spending the voucher too. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute, look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx