Header

Wednesday 4 September 2013

To the wire...

I know the kids and I have been off work and school for the last six weeks, and I have known that we would all be going back on September 5th for even longer, so why I always decide on the last day that I need to make things for our return, I don't know!

For the girls I made some mini (5") key fobs for their new lunch boxes; these are for quick identification when the bags are all lined up on the trolley and they can only see the tops...


So they are happy.

For myself I made a new lanyard; when I pulled my pass from the bottom of my work bag, my grey FMF seeds were looking like I felt, worn out and a bit grubby; so a little Liberty spruce up was required...


... this will be my favourite thing about being at work!

Boy-child didn't need anything, but once he has got to grips with the new Year 4 routine, I expect there will be requests.

I apologise, I have just looked at the pictures I took of the finished cushion, and they are not so great, so I will take some more after work tomorrow, I promise, sorry.

Some of us are not looking forward to tomorrow, others can't sleep they are so excited; no prizes for guessing who's who!  See you on the other side xxx

18 comments:

  1. And you were shouting at the rest of us for procrastinating ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Lanyard. I could almost want to go to work if I had one. Not that my work actually requires one and the mini fobs for lunch box identification is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope work isn't too bad!! at least the kids are happy about going back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. I have been back 3 days and it feels like forever already!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I love your key fob lunch bag identifiers! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always so exciting to get back to school, my kids started on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the key fobs you will be getting requests for them, they are such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute that your girls have mini fobs! Adorable. Happy back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you got some sleep after all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you got some sleep after all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your first day back goes better than expected - only one more get up until the weekend! Love the fobs and the lanyard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the lanyard, and the mini fobs.. still not gotten round to making mine (or ordering...).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stuff! Hope that school return went smoothly for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good idea for the lunch boxes and at least it is nearly the weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is there nothing that you can't do? Those key fobs for the lunchboxes are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh just go to sleep Hadley!

    Great makes as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gggrrrrr now I need to make a new lanyard. let me get my lesson plans done and .... I shall probably fall asleep. where do you get your energy and can I have some please!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx