Header

Thursday 18 April 2013

Random Geography!

Well I am afraid I am a bit lacking in the Random department this week; try as I might, the girls were not really up for list writing for the sake of your entertainment, but I'll keep working on them!

I did discover a random coincidence (?) with this week's fabric splurge though! 

Keen to join in with Krista and Nicole's Give Me Liberty sew-along, I thought a bit of bolstering of my Lifestyle supplies was in order, and so headed for Eclectic Maker as I knew they still had my favourite print in stock.

Anyhoo, maybe some other things fell in the basket, but imagine my surprise/joy and bank-balance flinching, on seeing the return address today...


I had just got home from work in Worthing!  Who knew I was so close to this awesome fabric dealer!?  Not me, until now, (must have ripped off the previous wrapping too quick to notice!).  OK, so they are not currently a bricks and mortar shop, but keeping it local has to be good, as is not so local, and darn right international... hmm.

So I am all set to make myself some lovelies, which will no doubt accompany me to FQ Retreat.  I sent through my class options this afternoon too - so I'm starting to get excited again!

And just because it was there, and I know what you are really after...


Playdoh Earth, cross-section and labels.  Don't say you never learn anything here!

Linking with Cindy's Randomeers because it's Thursday.

Don't forget, you have about 24hrs left to enter my Liberty pincushion giveaway.

22 comments:

  1. Oh to be near a fabric supplier *sigh* even if it is online lol. Enjoy your Liberty loveliness - I am going to use some more charms but how, I'm not sure. Love the earthy crusty thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will they let you into their fabric room if you make an appointment?!! I love the Playdoh model - that's one bright bairn you've got! (Well, three, probably!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tasty and wonderful colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. no need to worry bout me, me and man are still giggling about tyoowing.... not that we're laughing at your kids like, we just think its the cutest thing ever... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, I noticed that today when I was looking on the site, thought damn, wasn't there when I lived in Shoreham lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not received my Retreat email yet?!!! And I am glad you told me that was the earth. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very neat. I love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Liberty lovelies. My retreat list is on my weekend list of things to do: I want to do all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, I didn't keep all the random science to myself... :oD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love these random posts. I really should join in since my blog has random in the title. you think?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you could place your order and pick it up on the way home from work. No waiting. I am thinking of a project for that liberty sew along too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Lady Sew and Sew opens up their warehouse for shopping, so you just need to give E M a bit of a nudge - oh they might even need more staff if they did that, then people who don't like their job could apply :-). I love sorting the world's problems xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fabric is lovely, and I love the 'world'! I have to buy all my fabric online as I am yet to find a decent shop near me :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Playdoh thingy made me think of a brain...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to check our their shop now. Not that I need fabric mind, just for a browse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eclectic Maker are my favourite! How exciting that they are just down the road from you! I am sure you could arrange a little private tour/shop... v envious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh God I've only just gone and bought something(s)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its a good job its only a online shop then being that close!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe you can save on postage by arranging to collect orders and spend the extra on fabric. Ok the frugality was working so well until the last bit. Oppps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always entertaining AND educational!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Let me know when the raid is on in Worthing! Not sure I want to journey to the centre of the Earth but I'm guessing it looks just like that! Such details!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx