Header

Monday 26 December 2011

Man It's Christmas!

Happy Boxing Day everyone! 

Did you have a good Christmas Day?  I did - but more of that later in the week.

Well I couldn't show you the Christmas makes for dear husband before now, as I wanted there to be a little bit of a surprise going on.

So here we have a partner for the Man Quilt...





Using the remaining charms and some of the curved corner scraps, I thought this would do the business.  The back is the same Kona Coal and pin-striping as the quilt.  I lined the cover with some deco weight, what was I thinking when I bought it?, cream damask and used almost all of my remaining Bliss dots for the binding.  It takes a 16" cushion pad, and it got the happy reception I'd hoped for x

I couldn't leave him without a little felt makery too could I eh?...


This is actually a badge/brooch or whatever a gentleman prefers to call it - it measures almost 5" wide, and makes me laugh, (more than the real one he sported for Movember!).

Don't worry, he also received a lot of things he actually wanted too :)

13 comments:

  1. Torment him with fake mustache and a cushions!?

    I love them even if he doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cushion - love the quilty lines! I guess he'll be watching Poirot later then? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...have a great day! Do you guys have special celebrations for Boxing Day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mehehehehehe
    That is all I have to say about giving your husband a moustache for Christmas.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mustache! The cushion is great, too! So what did you get??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better that you gave him a mustache than vice versa! The cushion is fab and I am not surprised he loved it. Hope you are continuing to enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! that mustache is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cushion! doesn't everyone want a moustache for Christmas?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moustache is brilliant! And well done your man for Movember :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, hope he sported his 'mo' for the day ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems pillow are the things to make for our men. Can't wait to see the recap of your Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cushion is wonderful and the mustache is too funny! I haven't ventured into decor weight fabrics yet-- I'll save that for after I attempt a zipper which is on my list for 2012. Glad your Hubby was happy with his homemade makes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waa haa haa. What a mustache! Fab, fab, fab! He needs a cape to go with it. The pillow is super pretty. Great make!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx