Header

Wednesday 11 June 2014

trash!

Well getting a little more in the FQR spirit, I made and sent my partner's name tag on Monday.

The Royal Mail in their wisdom decided not to bother updating their track & trace beyond telling me that I posted the item - thanks then!  But I am happy to report that the name tag is safely in the mitts of the recipient, only the swap-meistress herself trash!!

So no sneak peaks allowed, she would have known they were for her, so straight in there, made and sent...


Seeing that she is the official Ents officer, I went back to basics, with the need to be able to actually read her name at 20 paces in order to be able to approach/avoid as required ;)

So I used some Liberty for the lanyard and bonda-webbed letters, and I gave her a star, in true McDonalds stylee, for 2012!

There's also a tiny pocket, big enough to hold a room or credit card or list of places to be, people to see...

Jobs a good'un.

I have been battling with my sample swap items today too - I have racked school-boy errors up to new heights and may just get a seam ripper grafter to my right hand, because it would be more useful than my thumb right now!

But I think I have it all under control again, and hoping for some more reveals soon xxx

18 comments:

  1. Great name tag. You always make good ones and Trash must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous. I'd like to give you a run for your money in the school bit errors dept making my super tote. I've just about unpicked a seam fur each one I've sewn!! Good to hear I'm not the only one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fab name tag! If I were Trash I would wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still wear my melody one when I'm teaching classes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wouldn't be happy to wear that name tag? Though I guess it works better if that is actually your name ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at making this kind of thing. Lucky Trash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great name tag! Love the Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of the pocket, genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous name tag, lucky Trash! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lucky girl! That's a gorgeous name tag, Hadders. I'm sure she loves it!
    Love your photo props too - you smart girl, you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great name tag!! Hope the swap item making is going better today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, will definitely spot her at 20 paces :oD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great name tag. I wish I were coming to FQR this year

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trash picked her partner well!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx