Header

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Ding Ding, Round 3...

This month in Stitch Tease we are making for Trina.  Trina joined mid-year 2, when one of our lovely number went all MH370, so she quite rightly gets to be Queen Bee first in round 3.

With a lovely palette request, and free-reign to make any star blocks, I settled on two which floated my proverbial.

egg_palette



Firstly a whole bunch of lovely HSTs picked from the Farmer's Wife book, Star Gardner...


... and a Ribbon Star using Lee-Freshly Pieced's fab tutorial...


I inadvertently missed out using any darker yellow/orange in these blocks, all mine seemed a little too acidic, but I hope they will still make Trina happy.

It feels like a long while since I last had complete choice over bee blocks, and it was a bit of a challenge to stop the search for the ultimate star!  So a change is as good as a rest, and this is as near to a rest as I am likely to get for a while!

Now if the postman pulls his finger out, I should have another finish to show you tomorrow xxx

15 comments:

  1. Lovely finish Mrs, I've gotten as far as choosing the fabrics and printing out the patterns, that's almost done right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour palette and fab blocks! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blocks. Once they are priced with the others they will fit in perfectly. None of the blocks will have all the palette. They will all balance each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good to me! That blinking Canadian challenged me to paper piece...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours, and pretty fab blocks too

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely blocks so far that I have seen, looks like a fun bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blocks. This will be a fun quilt when put together with lots of different stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fabric combos. The Ribbon Star is a beaut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trina is AWESOME! Love the blocks you made for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks and you managed to get some yellow in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I need to find my blocks before only pp blocks are left!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I searched for the perfect star blocks for Trina too. I think she will have a lovely quilt. I need to blog

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx