Header

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Pips away!

I got a lovely parcel today containing some of the Sherbet Pips that I pre-ordered from Prints to Polka Dots...


Having earlier succumbed to the new Fat Quarterly (Issue 5), all about pre-cuts and containing Lynne of Lily's Quilts' fantastic Dr Seuss pattern amongst others, I was set for the off.  Within the electronic pages, I'd had a 'eureka' moment, when I spied Quilt Dad's Confetti quilt made of Pips!  With the Royal Wedding looming, what a great omen!

So this evening I got on and joined trios of Pips and pressed them ready for cutting tomorrow. 


I am so happy to have found a quilt design that will enable me to confidently crack on and make something that is not going to stress me out nor require copious amounts of unpicking and is made for straight line quilting.  It will also look fantastic (well I hope!).  Thanks Dad!

I need to get some more batting and am still awaiting the backing fabric, but if I can get the top completed over the long weekend, along with maybe quilting and binding my Dresden and making a final decision on my scrappy quilt design, I will be very happy and then ready to concentrate my energy on Trudi's Bee blocks (the fabric is in the post!!), the mystery quiltalong and maybe join the Brit Swap

Oh lordy, seeing all that in black and white is a tad daunting!

4 comments:

  1. I succumbed too - isn't fat 1/4ly brill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a picture of the specific quilt you are going to make? Loving Sherbet Pips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how busy are you :-) That quilt will be great! I love Fat Quarterly, its great!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx