Last night I enhanced BlindBob with a jacket to make him bigger, better and complete, and I actually got the outer circle stitched onto the dresden.
I followed Lynne's instructions properly, fully and completely; and guess what - it turned out great first time with no unpicking or puckering! The girl's a genius!
You can't really see from the picture, but the inner and outer circles are cream with white spots - I was torn between this and the Wild Thyme, however the deciding factor was not being confident to keep the pattern lined up with the segments that I wanted at the top - so spots it was!
Afterwards I was a little lost without the HUG - I realised that I had been working on it since the first week we moved into the house, so I've never had an evening here where I just sat in front of the TV and watched! So I pulled out my Cath Kidston 'Stitch' and started a little Stanley!
Thank you all for your lovely messages about the completed masterpiece - you should all have a go - it's addictive and despite the odd bit of miscounting, pretty foolproof. I am looking forward to getting the KISS started, buying some yummy backing and pompoms and making them into cushions!
PS. It's the Easter holidays - yay!!