Header

Sunday 28 September 2014

One of the crowd...

Having just had a quick skim down my Blogger reading list, I see a theme, and I am almost pleased to be in such great company with those also suffering from a lurgy.

My turn with the sore throat of a couple of days ago, (thanks kids), has manifested into a snotty, sneezy cold, with one of those annoying evening headaches.  Hey ho, I am just glad it is this weekend not next weekend… but more on that, um, next weekend!

Still, I had to get some sewing done today, and stitched up 176 (or thereabouts) Drunkard's Path blocks…


Not the most taxing morning in front of the machine, but way more enjoyable that the pressing that followed!  But done now, and the secret commission quilt top is within sight and all set to meet the deadline, phew.

We also popped out to the Brownie and Guide Fall Fair; lots of sweets, cake, hotdogs and tombola prizes.  It was a gorgeous summers day here, so it was good to make the most of it.

I am really hoping to wake up in the morning feeling a bit more normal, I have so much to cram in this week, starting tomorrow with work and then the school Harvest Festival/Autumn Feast; the kids will be having cake for tea again then!

8 comments:

  1. get well asap please! dont want your lurgy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake for tea? Wish I lived in your house! Feel better soon, Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon. I'had it for a week three weeks ago and again since last Sunday. Humour failing now. Convinced DS brought it home from school though he managed to get off with a light sniffle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the blessed Drunkard's path block...I've seen more than my fair share of those buggers recently :)
    Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have sniffles too but hoping it will do one and not progress any more. Be better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Urgh, get that lurgy away by next weekend please, I've managed to avoid the back to school ick so far...

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx