Header

Monday 15 September 2014

#IGminiswap progress...

I was able to stitch up all my drunkard's path 'quarters' yesterday in the end, and I trimmed them all this afternoon.

They were trimmed in a wonky fashion, on purpose.  My partner loves a bit of improv, but that doesn't come naturally to me as much as I would love it to.  So this was my best attempt; there are still nice matching points in the centres, and each block fits together like proper quilt blocks, but it has the look of the carefree and easy going, so everyone's a winner!

I snapped a few pics as I went, and the Instagram likes are a real confidence boost…


The top is now complete, but here I will stall for a while, as I am currently wadding-free, so I need to rectify that.  But, how the bugger am I going to quilt it!!???

18 comments:

  1. really lucky partner, its coming up lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this and the rainbow of not really a rainbow colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and bright! I thought you were making Katy's blocks! Have fun with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would do each block in a whirl starting in the centre and working outwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand quilting in circles, my friend. Love the fabrics you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking fab - but now I know it's not for me, because improv gives me hives ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking very good, I'm sure your partner will be pleased! Good luck with the quilting decision!

    ReplyDelete
  8. little free motion spirals? Looks great and you have really taken on board what your partner's preferences are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great, really pleasing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! How about big (ish) hand quilting in perle 8 or 12 or Aurifil 12wt?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great, enjoy your pre wadding time, and use it to mull over ideas, it will comes as a flash of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx